Appearance for meetings

by kohedlo 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

It would look good on Gerrit Losch.

P.S. I do not like the yellow color.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I think it would double as great snot rag!

especially in a grean paisley pattern.

Oz

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

• Actually you can wear what u like...BUT... remember the 3 U's
    1. U will / may receive council
    2. U will / may be shunned
    3. U will not be given any parts or assignments like handling mikes... if they don't approve.
    4. It will depend on what is excepted in your area and if your elders approve (nothing to do with what God approves of)
    • Some question you need to ask yourself are:
    1. What do you want?
    2. Where do you see yourself in the org?
    3. Are you ok with others telling you what to do, what to wear?

Sw

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Usually, the witlesses are supposed to be dressed in a regular suit and tie. To me, that doesn't look like a regular tie, and I am sure most hounders would have a stroke if you show up at a boasting session like that. Especially if you have a part or hold a "privilege(??)".

I am not sure of their current position on shirts, but when I was in, they went through a white shirt only phase. Usually, you would be able to get away with a solid color until about the mid 1990s, but if your hounders say white only, you would "need" a white shirt. And, all it takes is one person to claim to be "stumbled", and Brother Hounder will say something about it regardless.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think that would get you called in the Back Room to be questioned about latent homosexual inclindations.

(Lots of serious comments on an obvious SPAM post)

DOC

• flipper
    flipper

KOHEDLO- Welcome to the board ! The best impression a person could make is to walk in naked to meetings ! It may wake up the sleeping JW's as their IV hookup drips out of their brains

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

What are you calling it? - an "Ascot?"

In my book it is a cravat...and I have not seen one on donkey's years......They used to considered smart casual with a sports jacket and trousers , a generation or two ago

• wasblind
    wasblind

Do like the emporer, go butt naked

just pretend that your well dressed

in christian armour, wit shoes and a brief case

• snakeface
    snakeface

A better idea is to wear it but NOT go to the meetings at all. Go somewhere else. Anywhere.

• finally awake
    finally awake

What if I claim to be stumbled by the lack of facial hair on the brothers? Or the lack of wearing of kilts? Wouldn't it be amusing to show up at the local hall in the rural midwest in full Scottish dress, complete with the little purse and no underpants?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit