76 Trombones ripped off?

by EXMS 10 Replies latest jw friends

• EXMS
    EXMS

Has anyone watched The Music Man? Ever notice how familiar the song '76 Trombones' sounds? I can't remember, thank god, what song it is in the song book....Follow the Warrier King? Has anyone else heard it?

EXMS

• JRK
    JRK

My favorite version of Warrior King:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Hf_FSstTE

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

76 Trombones.

It's pretty familiar alright.

(Advance this video to the 40 second mark for the real music)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QER1ddSINY

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Yes...I remember thinking that every time we sang "Follow the Warrior King" at the Kingdom Hall. Quite a few Kingdom Hellodies seemed ripped off...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The problem WT always had with music was that they didn't want the KH music to sound like hymns, nothing gospel-sounding, or traditionally spiritual. And since the vast majority of dubs that do the singing have no talent, the melodies have to be very simple, in a small range. Consequently, the "melodies" often sound more like patriotic songs, marches, dance tunes, and SHOW TUNES!

I think the newest songbook achieved a new level of blandness. In order to avoid anything "worldy" they aimed for mega-nothingness! They nailed a bulls-eye with that dull muck of a new songbook.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

@ Billy,

'I Want a Hippo'...which Kingdom Melody is that?

• EXMS
    EXMS

Oh wow...that song is a total rip off

I haven't heard any of the new stuff as I have been "sobor" from the WTBS since January 2009. I wonder if they made the new one because people started recognizing the songs...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

SV:

God’s Own Book—A Treasure
    1. There is a book that by its many pages,
    Brings peace and joy and hope to humankind...

I think it's #180 in the old book, #114 in the new one.

• EXMS
    EXMS

Being a Navy guy, I was listening to Blue and Gold. Totally sounds like a JW song as well. So crazy that they would even pull from the *gasp* Military!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit