Does one need to believe in the trinity to have salvation

by free thought 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• free thought
    free thought

Quote; " If God were not a TRINITY we could not be saved The reason is simple. By sinning against the King [ Jesus ] we sin against the whole universe and the penalty is eternal damnation . Therefore, God the Son came down in the form of Jesus and bore the wrath of God the father. But this could not be possible if God were a Trinity." ( Source U"TUBE Matt Slick CARM ) .

The above qoute is from a notable Pastor.I would be interested in your comments.Do you agree ?and if so, on what scripture do you cite as evidence?

Q: Does one need to believe in the trinity concept in order to have salvation. I am not talking about JW's but Unitarians as well.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Salvation from what?

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

Well no. I do not believe that salvation can depend upon a doctrine which, quite simply, fails to make any sense whatever.

Nor is it dependent upon the sacrificial death of an innocent victim before god can forgive his creation.

Salvation depends upon freeing ourselves of such nonsensical dogmas and getting on with living our lives - ecause the life

we have now is all that we have. Let's make the most of it because it's great!

• Think About It
    Think About It

The above qoute is from a notable Pastor.

The only notable Pastor in the history of mankind was Pastor C.T.Russell. The rest were just scammers and wannabe Pastors.

Think About It

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

There is no reason this thread cannot go to 10 pages by next week.

Think of the tens of billions of Asians roasting in Hell right now!

Cults are obsessed with "correct belief", but others not so much.

PS: John Calvin assures us that those going to Hell are those created for the purpose of going to Hell. Before they were ever born, they were Predetined to burn in Hell for eternity. They are incapable of choosing God.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Therefore, God the Son came down in the form of Jesus and bore the wrath of God the father.

I believe "Jesus" the son of God bore the wrath of the nations, not the wrath of God. Revelation 11:18

• Ding
    Ding

Free Thought,

I've sent you a PM.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Salvation from what?

• N.drew
    N.drew

My theory is Jesus is for no mutual assured destruction. There once was, now there isn't. So he has saved the world from killing itself. People are waiting for him to do something, but he did it already.

• tec
    tec

Does one need to believe in the trinity concept in order to have salvation. I am not talking about JW's but Unitarians as well.

No, but not for the reason the pastor listed above.

God said to look to and listen to His Son. To see the Son is to see the Father. All authority has been given to the Son.

So regardless of whether or not you think that Christ is the Son is God, or God himself... the bottom line is that you still must look to the Son. He is the mediator between man and God.

The Son saves.

A doctrine does not.

Peace,

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit