My wife goes to my cousin's church to see her get baptized.

by garyneal 13 Replies latest jw friends

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

Okay, I don't mean to get off topic, but WHY exactly would his wife be DF'd for just setting foot in a church? I mean, I knew that was the Watchtower rule but, why? Remember, I never was a JW , I just studied. But this rule is crazy to me.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    WHY exactly would his wife be DF'd for just setting foot in a church?

She probably wouldn't be. She might get a lecture and a guilt trip.

Unrepentently attending a church for the purpose of worship is more likely to result in DF.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

PenelopePaige,

she would not be DF'd for setting foot in church, as JW's are premitted to go to weddings and funerals in churches. however attending a religious service in a church is considered an act of apostasy and a person who does that is viewed as automaticly DA'ing onself. as far as what reason? in my view its just another control method to keep the flock isolated.

also, to Gary, its way better if she gets in trouble because of another witness ratting on her and not you. i totally get that. that day would likely come soon. hell, im suprised she didnt get in trouble because of the walk. but that really depends on the elder body, if that was one of my former halls, it would be been at the very least a "sheperding call". good luck, hope you get your wife out some day. its a good sign so far with the stuff you have posted.

• garyneal
    garyneal

PP:

I think Black Sheep and YourMomma got it right (they should know better than I) and that by setting foot in a church, it would not be an automatic disfellowshipping. However, I know when my wife was 'progressing' in the TRUTH and wanted to become an unbaptized publisher again, the elders told her that she could not attend a church anywhere anymore.

YourMomma,

Yeah, actually, it was nearly a year before I heard about the elder's wife's reaction to her participating in that walk-a-thon with me and the kids. They are crazy in that regards. As for my wife, she went to a Halloween bash with us for the first time last Halloween.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit