Another encounter with JW at my door this morning.

by jam 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey jam!

To make it easy on ourselves we let JWs witness to themselves from their own current publications.

We're waiting for an opportunity to tell a door knocker we believe they have a very good article on "legalism" - could they please explain from the heart what is "legalism" - and its opposite - along with examples!

If they take the bait they will end up reading and explaining a summary of ex-GB member Ray Franz' book "In Search of Christian Freedom" from their own Awake magazine (g79 6/8 pp. 27-28). This must be one of the most hated articles in the entire Watchtower library for the Watchtower Pharisees (ruling religious clergy class) and the Watchtower Sanhedrin (GB).

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    I forget to mention, she was A JW in 1975, so when she said friends moved ahead in the preaching work at the time I stop her and told her I was there. We preach what we was told to preach, you know that. Then she said. yes wehad to adjust our thinking.

Yes...we did indeed have to adjust our thinking only because we were thinking that what they told us was accurate and true. We trusted them and banked our entire future on the premise that they were being instructed by God. It's difficult if not impossible to move ahead in the preaching work with the same courage of ones convictions after you've been duped so badly time and time again. Think of the countless hours and millions of pieces of literature spread throughout the world (much of it is still out there ) containing their old and incorrect teachings and all the people who were turned away from God and religion after reading the Watchtower literature and recognizing it for what it is....more man made dogma masquerading as the ultimate truth of the world. More individuals willing to sacrafice their lives and the lives of their children to prove how right they are.

• nugget
    nugget

Lucky you getting to play we never have witnesses call but in fairness neither do any of our neighbours.

• jam
    jam

I tought of this last nite, something I forgot.

In our conversation about the generation change.

When I ask her to explain the new change or the

new light on the overlapping generation, She looked

at me as if she had no idea what I was talking about.

The young sister looked puzzled and ask what new light.

The older sister, there was some recent information or

new light in regards to the generation in Matt.

Then the older sister turn to me and ask, where are you

getting your information? I lied and told her from the official

WT web site.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

One man equals 1,000 sisters. One single man equals 1,000,000 sisters.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

One man equals 1,000 sisters. One single man equals 1,000,000 sisters.

• free thought
    free thought

*************I had them here during the week, apparantly I was down as a do not call, and they wanted to know if it was ok to call again, anyway they asked why i left & was it bcoz i had problems with other members, my reply was no it was on doctrine etc, like false prophecy re Jesus' return in 1870s bigA coming in 1914, 15, 18, 24 & 75 and so on, their reply was those things were never said, anyways they couldn't get out quick enough, so now I'm most likely back on the do not call list. Mixed feelings about that I do like to converse with them at the door, but some times they really piss me off***********************************

Honesty is the best approach.

I am always up-front with the doors .I think it should be mandatory for everyone to study the Proclaimers book and come to grips with past mistakes. Forget about the light gets brighter stuff, Some die-hard or un baptized publishers can be a little sanctimonious at times.. Or it may be that they are ignorant or that they don’t like to admit that they once followed blindly false teachings .

No not put all your trust in Nobles .

Jehovah is the custodian of my soul not WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit