Purple Triangles

by Lozhasleft 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I'm just back from a trip to Berlin...the trip was specifically to research the Holocaust...anyway...we went to Sachenhausen Concentration Camp on a tour and the guide was exceptional...a military historian...so he asks the group a question:

" Anyone know what colour triangles the Jehovah's Witnesses had to wear?"

" Purple " says I without a blink.

I grieved for all who suffered there and for them too...so many people died there who didn't have a choice...the WTBS forced it on their members...and after reading Rutherford's letters to Hitler ....it makes me sick....sick to my stomach.

Loz x

• cofty
    cofty

That must have been a very moving experience.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Yes Cofty it was, for sure. The Museums for the Murdered Jews in Europe and the Topography of Terror both in Berlin were also excellent. It was an emotional week all round really. When we heard about the indoctrination of the Nazi SS and how they came to believe that they were doing such things for the 'good' it was so redolent of the WT teachings...different ideology/cult I know, but same sort of brainwashing.

Mr Lozhasleft has always been interested in the Berlin politics so we were also moved by the stories about the East Berliners before the Wall came down etc.

Loz x

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

It's still hard to fathom how Hitler got so many people to go along with his sadistic schemes. It's still happening around the world today. Crazy world leaders get people to go along with their vicious,inhumane laws. It's a nationalistic cult.

• EXMS
    EXMS

Lozhasleft

Rutherford wrote letters to Hitler? Do you have a link as to where I can view these?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I think the second Declaration is in the Proclaimers book.

They conveniently forgot to include the first one, but it was published in the 1934 Yearbook if you happen to have a copy.

http://www.ultimatebiblereferencelibrary.com/1934_Yearbook.pdf

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I read them in Crisis of Conscience I think EXMS. They were very definitely anti semitic. Awful

• pbrow
    pbrow

I dont see the JW's of that era being forced to wear the purple triangle. I look at as those JW's as people that knew what hitler was doing was wrong and they took a stand. A lot of people will break when pushed to the brink, as we all talk about how many JW will accept blood when it comes down to it. Right or wrong im going to assume they took a heartfelt stand against the nazi regime. All they had to was raise their hand and it could have been over. (unless they were jewish converts to the jws)

Either way it had to be a moving experience.

pbrow

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

pbrow - Actually if you read the history, it wasn't anything to do with the JWs taking a stand against what Hitler was doing, as I said, Rutherford had already written supportive letters re the Jewish question to Hitler, all very shocking, but recorded in black and white.

The issue was that the society didn't want the bros to pledge allegiance to the 'Fatherland' as opposed to Jehovah. But then as we learnt from the Malawi history compared with the Mexico, the WTBS made such rules to suit the society's finances much of the time.

I have no issue with the bros who died for their personal beliefs/conscience, all credit to them, but I take great issue with Rutherford and co who changed sides and rules to suit themselves and cost people their lives. (Similar to what the WTBS has done in more recent times re the blood issue)

It wasn't the WTBS leaders who endured the terrible suffering and death was it? No, Rutherford was busy living it up in his fancy house at the time. Scandalous. The WT history has been doctored to make them look good. And I know it's hard to accept, but it is very definitely true. Check it all out.

Loz x

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Have a look at page 137 of the 1934 Yearbook, pbrow.

"A careful examination of our books and literature will disclose the fact that the very high ideals held and promulgated by the present national government are set forth in and endorsed and strongly emphasized in our publications and show that Jehovah God will see to it that these high ideals in due time will be attained by all persons...we are the strongest supporters of such high ideals...Now, because it appears that Germany may soon be free from oppression and that the people may be lifted up, Satan, the great enemy puts forth his endeavors to destroy that benevolent work in this land."

That sounds more like turning back the sheets and inviting Hitler in, than making a stand against the Reich.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit