Who Here Play Words With Friends Or Scrabble?

by minimus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It's addictive!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

http://www.lexicalwordfinder.com/

My work here is done.

MeanMrMustard

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I play Scrabble and Boggle. The online versions are not as much fun for me. What I can't stand is playing against someone who has memorized most of a Scrabble dictionary. They don't know the meaning of the words. It creates an uneven playing field.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I play hanging with friends. send me a PM

• finally awake
    finally awake

I used to play Boggle with my mom when I was a kid. She didn't let me win - I had to earn it. She never thought of herself as smart or well educated, but she had a huge vocabulary and top notch spelling skills. She could type 90 words per minute too.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

How about Scramble with Friends?? (Oh yes, I do play Words with Friends too!)

• blondie
    blondie

I play Boggle on POGO and Scrabble. I haven't played with friends for a long time...unless I play with a handicap, 3 words to one of theirs on Boggle, and 3 times as many points in Scrabble. I like playing on line though because I find many people that make me work harder. The Walking Dictionary below.

• minimus
    minimus

What's the major differences in these games???

• flipper
    flipper

MINIMUS- Indeed Mrs. Flipper and I play Scrabble regularly throughout the week ! One of our favorite games ! Mrs. Flipper was a " spelling queen " champion in junior high school winning spelling bee competitions. She is one tough cookie to beat at Scrabble. but in the 6 years we have known each other Mrs. Flipper has won 573 Scrabble games to my 498. Yes- you read it correctly - we have played 1,071 Scrabble games since we've met ! We have a blast with it, plus you learn many new words you never knew existed.

Mrs. Flipper holds our family personal record for a 7 letter word score of 135 . I hold the all-time scoring of most points in a game with 580 ! LOL ! But in order to get that kind of score you have to be really lucky on getting really great letters to work with. I think in that game I had 4 - 7 letter word moves, it was crazy ! Believe me- that hasn't happened since. I think Mrs. Flipper got over 500 once - 520 - or something like that. But sometimes we both have had scores of over 400, like 440 to 425 or something. But again, you have to draw really great letters and have good combinations in order to get 400 or more scoring. If one of us gets over 400, the other person usually has drawn letters that suck and don't go well together and ends up getting a score of 250 - 300 which sucks occasionally.

But we just have a great time with it. Good learning game. We will put on the Comcast Blues music station and listen to cool tunes while we sip wine and play Scrabble eating dinner. Very relaxing

• its_me!
    its_me!

I play Scrabble with my husband and mother-inlaw. The real thing, not online. Its a good game to pass the time when its in the dead of winter and there is not a lot you can do outside. I love Scrabble! And Scattergories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit