Jehovah's Witnesses magazines banned in Russia.

by koolaid-man 11 Replies latest jw friends

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

After their comments in the July 15-2012 Watchtower, stating Apostates are mentally diseased, their magazines should be banned around the world.

http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=9010

26 January 2012, 14:59

Arbitration Court confirms the ban on spreadingJehovah's Witnesses magazines in Russia

Moscow, January 26, Interfax - The 9th Arbitration Appeal Court confirmed the Russian Supervisory Agency for Communications ban on spreading in Russia magazines of Jehovah's Witnesses, the Novye Izvestia paper reports on Thursday.

According to estimations of Alexander Dvorkin, who heads Expert Council for Religion Studies at the Justice Ministry, several thousands sects work in Russia, about 600-800 thousand people are involved in them.

However, the edition tells, the number of sectarian has reduced several times in Russia if compared to 1990s.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

the wt better watch out, and evaluate every word they print.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and now they get to waive the persecution card

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope rubbish like that does get them banned. It seems that there is a major pattern--and I hope the whole pattern, not just isolated articles, results in them getting banned everywhere.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i thought revelation prophecy predicted that ALL OTHER religions would be destroyed first?

• 2tone
    2tone

Those iditos at the writing department think they can have whatever they want in there stupid magazine. Well, they burned themselves this time.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

about time and good, well done to the Ruskies.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sorry to hear about this infringement on freedom of expression.

(No matter how much you may dislike the expression.)

om

• Londo111
    Londo111

Some will see this as evidence of the "King of the North" as hearing "reports" "out of the sunrising and out of the north"--and view this as the tribulation being imminent.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

When I lived there, they hadn't been allowed to preach for some time. Instead they sat on commuter trains with the magazines spread out beside them in a manner which invited conversation. What they are evidently doing now is preventing them from giving these magazines to non-Witnesses. The religion itself is not banned. What the law is saying now is that there is to be no proselytizing. If a someone wanted to become a Witness, he or she'd have to seek them out, not the other way around. All over the former Soviet Union, JWs are looked upon as Scientologists are here - a dirty and money laundering cult which infests and destroys families.

Russia has never been particularly inviting to new religions. They have a huge skinhead movement there, and it wasn't recommended to go out the night of April 20th, Hitler's birthday. I never even knew when Hitler's birthday was or even cared until I was there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit