StarTrek Replicator? This Could Be Big.

by metatron 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I hope one could choose an image over the internet and make a 3D replica of it. I am sadly missing my original Star Wars collection...

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

snare&racket:

This stuff has been around since the 80's its basically a digital lathe, you put a block of plastic in and it cuts away to your design, or the modern ones spray a jet similar to ink, of plastic to form the design then trims it.

No. Not the same thing as a 'digital lathe' at all. These methods do not start with a solid object that is lathed. These methods uses liquids or powders as the starting point, which are made solid by targeting lasers or binding agents, and can be used to create objects that are impossible to create using the method to which you refer.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Given the current methods of 'teleporting' atoms (actually, transferring quantum states from one atom to another atom already at the destination), it currently seems unfeasible for being able to teleport anything practical. The current process involves microwave radiation (and a high degree of failure) that would prove deleterious to complex (e.g. living) structures. Being able to teleport humans, if possible at all, is a looooonnnnnnng way off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit