How to get around 2 John 9-11

by WildeLover 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Jesus rebuked the Pharasees, the religious leaders for not caring for the sheep, however he had compassion for the commoner who was simply a sinner.

• binadub
    binadub

The instruction at 2Jn.2:7-9 is quite specific. Is simply says to not welcome anyone who does not confess that Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

The thing to realize is that at that time, Christians gathered in homes and held their fellowship meetings there. The gatherings revolved around a meal ("love meal") and emblems of remembrance of the resurrection on Sunday, the day of the Festival of First Fruits.

~Binadub

• glenster
  • tec
    tec

Sometimes a good response is simply this:

Go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'

Remind her that the pharisees and hypocrites also had a problem with Christ hanging out with sinners.

And Mrs. Jones is right. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." (you could only justly ignore him for being wrong, if you yourself have never been wrong... otherwise you are a hypocrite)

Also, "Forgive anyone who asks of you."

Love friend and enemy. Bless those who curse you.

Maybe ask your friend if showing loyalty to her would be more important than following Christ and His teachings.

Peace,

Tammy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It is interesting that at that early time ,when john wrote the letters, people were "denying that Christ came in the flesh", I wonder what form this denial took, did they deny that Jesus was from heaven, or simply deny that the man, Jesus of Nazareth was the Christ, or did they take the position that he was actually a spirit and never a real human ?

John does not explain what the position of these "heretics" was , just that it made them "Antichrist" , I suppose his readers knew exactly what he was referring to, probably an incipient Gnosticism.

I love the clear article above from JWFacts.com, it shows without doubt that the WT takes the scripture totally out of context and misuses it to enforce cult like behaviour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit