I can't believe this

by truthseeker1969 12 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

you all know I was in the Uk settling estate issues and that the elders 'wanted to chat with me".

Well I left before they could have the meeting I arranged on my "free day".

They turned up at my Mothers home and were livid that I had gone, but here is the kicker.

Brother Heavenly described me as a potential apostate for what I had done, which sent my brother over the edge and he demanded a retraction and apology which they quickly gave him. He intends to speak with the CO when he comes on the matter.

It gets better, Elder BallBag actually said "apostates do more good for the congregation than they think. They pull those who should not be part of the Org and clean the congregation"

Anyway, they said that I have to decide if I am part of the congregation or not, funny thing to say since you kicked me out then had to let me back in.

Do they actually know what they are doing, or do you think they are being beaten and threatened with df if they dont do as they are told? (the elders that is)

Elder Heavenly pulled my brother aside and told him he misspoke and shoud not have said what he said, but too late he fully intends to speak to the CO in FEB who is a friend of his and have them dealt with.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

why do u HAVE to decide anything? And if you did, why would u answer to those idiots?

Not to shoot down your brother, but talking to CO's is actually a waste of time. Whatever your brothers says is going straight to the elder body. He's around for a bit but ultimately leaves it to the elder body. Seen it many times, including one brother who was serving as an elder. The brothers accused him of being a racist and removed him. The brother went to the CO who just followed the elders decision. The elder that was removed is married to and has a child with his wife who is African american. The brother is caucasion.

Elders have been directed to handle matters a certain way. I knew of one group of elders that were directed to deal with a person on this board. Not because of their activity here, but simply because they were inactive, but well know in the circuit. That person was eventually df'd.

• 2tone
    2tone

"Believe it" Naruto Uzumaki I hope your brother manipulates his CO friend and ruins that elders life. Make an example out of him

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Truthseeker1969, I remember your original post. It was a very clever move to schedule your meeting with the elders on your first free day, but a day that you were back home in another country! Thanks for the update.

One of the elders said,

"apostates do more good for the congregation than they think. They pull those who should not be part of the Org and clean the congregation"

Is there no end to the slanted way JWs think? Any action, whether positive or negative, is spun in their own heads to be good for the Organization.

If they really believed that, then why aren't they embracing apostates as 'God's cleaner fish' rather than declaring them to be 'mentally diseased,' and 'worthy of slaughter,' and vigorously directing that they be shunned?

I believe that such remarks are a sign that 'apostates' are having a greater impact on the Watchtower organization than they want to admit and they really don't know what to do about it.

• 2tone
    2tone

An elder making a statement on how apostates do more good for the congregation is a contradition when compared with what the watchtower says. In fact he is causing a division and can and should be labeled a apostate for his own independent thinking. I remember reading something in watchtower along lines that nothing good comes from apostates

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

truthseeker1969

If you can’t believe this you don’t have a problem. The difficulty arises once we start believing.

Belief is a can of worms.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

An elder making a statement on how apostates do more good for the congregation is a contradition...he is causing a division and can and should be labeled a apostate for his own independent thinking.

Very good observation 2tone.

• Robert7
    Robert7

"apostates do more good for the congregation than they think. They pull those who should not be part of the Org and clean the congregation"

It's all a numbers game, and nothing about the individual. So much for the lost sheep parable.

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

i have told my brother to leave it but they have learned a lesson that 'warfare'works both ways.

scenic, you are sooooo right, they will slant anything to make it look like no matter what they are right. i think when you get to the point of name calling and labelling then you truly have a worldy hatred, not a God given one.

they asked my Mother who seems to be their target if she knew where i lived and she said "no" which is true as we skype and email and my physical address is not one she knows. I really no longer care but hope that this puts an end to things.

• Mall Cop

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit