Through The Grapevine Report on Recent Circuit Assembly

by headisspinning 24 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

People who do not know better do repeat mistakes, sometimes over and over. It is not unheard of for some to have been disfellowshipped and/or reproved several times. Given that most people are disfellowshipped for "sins of the flesh" - and that relatively few are disfellowshipped for apostasy - the return rate would probably be higher among those who have "broken" moral rules than those who have apostasized from the organization.

Whether the ratio of those who return to those who stay away changes from year to year is an empirical question. While the organization would probably have on hand data that shows the annual number of reinstatements, they have yet to publish the data in their literature. On the other hand, at times they have published data in their literature on the annual number of people disfellowshipped.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Those numbers will never be clear. If they did, it would show a large number of those born in's leaving. The numbers will always be ambiguous so they can spin them as needed. It works on the dubs. My wife still insists on this massive growth as stated in their videos. When I ask her where, it's always a blank stare

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    He discovered that most of the interest was from disfellowshipped and ex-JWs.

JW`s are Chronicly WatchTarded..

Regardless of how many times you tell them you don`t believe in their religion..

They will tell you: "You know it`s the Truth"..

They expect you to come back..Where else would you go?..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Usually it's the SAD where a GB member will appear. That way they can suck $$ from two different circuits in one weekend.

The witlessing outside WalMart is a joke at my old congo. They aren't allowed to approach and pester people. They can only sit there, making it easy for "worldly" people to just walk past. The only people that would even give their litteratrash a second look were ex-jws, ex-studies, and assorted nutjobs.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

The best part of the story I have saved for last... It was my mother trying to entice my sister to return to the religion in a sing-song, wheedling voice: "Come back, <sister's name>.... Come baccckkkkkkk!"....

I'm sorry, but that's just creepy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit