Which generation do you belong to ?

by edmond dantes 46 Replies latest jw friends

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Ask a Witness which generation do you belong to and see if they really know how to answer.

I have decided that every time I hear a true definition of the meaning of a generation I will post it here just to reinforce the true meaning just in case a stray JW happens to look in on here.

Yesterday evening I was watching an antiques programme on the television and under discussion was a very well made baby high chair from about the nineteen thirties and the approximate date of manufacture and the length of time it had been in the family. The expert then went on to confim how old it was and in doing so said that considering who first purchased the chair and the length of a generation that it was from the thirties and went on to say that we consider a generation to be about 25 years.

That is a truer definition of a generation than a Watchtower definition.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Yeah well.... a 98 year-old 'overlapping generation' is a bit hard to explain to ordinary people.... for some reason.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It appears that my son is the same generation as my grandfather, but I can't find a JW who wants to explain it to me. I am trying.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I suppose....when it comes down to it....we are all of the 6,000 year generation....LOL LOL LOL

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

i'm of the generation that saw the ameican civil war & the new zealand maori wars lol

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Well know that I finally understand this OVERLAPPING thing it makes sense to me:

We Are All Just One Big Happy Overlapping Generation ... from Adam to today and to Infinity and Beyond!

Buzz Lightyear

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I belong to the generation that built the Great Pyramids. How's that for one-upmanship?

P.S. no alien technologies were used in the making of the Great Pyramids. Only bad-ass engineering and a lot of elbow greese.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When I was small I knew members of "the remnant" who had been there in 1914......So I must be of the overlapping generation that J C spoke of...

Right?????

• Ding
    Ding

When they wanted to stress how close Armageddon was (especially when they were hyping 1975), the GB taught that the 1914 generation consisted of people who were old enough in 1914 to see and understand the events that took place that year.

When the end didn't come in 1975, they got new light and changed it to be anyone who was alive in 1914, even an infant born December 31, 1914.

That bought them several more years.

When the end still didn't come in time, they got even newer light and changed their definition so that it really has nothing to do with 1914 at all.

• 2tone
    2tone

Im part of the generation that will not pass away before armageddon that overlaps with the generation that saw the events of 1914. So fucking stupid. Stupid little cult. wtf is 1914. If I ever get a terminal disease i swear ill pay a visit to upstate new york and it wont be pretty. ill do the world a fucking favor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit