How to punish the WT over the WWC act situation

by Aussie Oz 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Talking about this case the other day, she came up with the thought that would it not be good if they are found guilty that a public apology for disobeying the law etc had to be printed in the public edition of the Watchtower magazine.

Now THAT would be better even that a massive fine i reckon!

Oz

• moshe
    moshe

if they are found guilty that a public apology for disobeying the law etc had to be printed in the public edition of the Watchtower magazine.

great idea, and set up a public charity for homeless children-

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sounds like a good idea,though you can bet the lawyers would come up with something like an edition only to be printed in Victoria and nowhere else,as it doesnt apply anywhere else.

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Remember the days when we went to international assemblies and the newspapers were outside covering our convention? Wow we thought what a great witness were giving ,only to find out much later that it was a" special edition"only released at the convention,the rest of the state /nation never knew anything about it .

smiddy

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

they made MJ print apology in Awake.. for making THILLER video..

• JAFO
    JAFO

Tater-T, I didn't know that.. that alone is reason enough to insist that they print an apology over the WWC Act violations in the public WT.. worldwide..

• Gayle
    Gayle

The WTS would much rather pay the fine with rank & file donations, than ever, ever make a public apology.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and then deny the fine was paid

• finally awake
    finally awake

*** g84 5/22 pp. 19-20 What About Music Videos? ***

“I Would Never Do It Again!”

In another popular video, Thriller, the performer is seen to transform first into a “cat person,” then a dancing “monster.” Evidently not wanting viewers to conclude that it promoted spiritism, the film begins with the disclaimer: “Due to my strong personal convictions, I wish to stress that this film in no way endorses a belief in the occult.—Michael Jackson.” Nevertheless, it was so realistic that some who saw it admitted that they were horrified at first. What was this short film intended to convey? And how does the performer, Michael Jackson, feel about it in looking back?

“I would never do it again!” says Jackson. “I just intended to do a good, fun short film, not to purposely bring to the screen something to scare people or to do anything bad. I want to do what’s right. I would never do anything like that again.” Why not? “Because a lot of people were offended by it,” explains Jackson. “That makes me feel bad. I don’t want them to feel that way. I realize now that it wasn’t a good idea. I’ll never do a video like that again!” He continues: “In fact, I have blocked further distribution of the film over which I have control, including its release in some other countries. There’s all kinds of promotional stuff being proposed on Thriller. But I tell them, ‘No, no, no. I don’t want to do anything on Thriller. No more Thriller.’”

I don't know whether this really counts as a public apology. It sounds like it was taken from another source, not a direct interview between Michael Jackson and the Awake writer.

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

tate t, I bet they made him pay for the space in the awake!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit