Do you ever "out" yourself?

by exjehovah 11 Replies latest jw friends

• mamamo
    mamamo

Funny thing happened yesterday. One of the guys at my job came in with some paperwork for me and he tried to give me a bible tract, not JW. I told him no religon on work time. I also said I was an ex JW and I did not discuss religon anymore. He got very excited at this. Turns out his brother has been a JW for the last 20 some years and he has been trying to get him out for all this time. So I shared this website and Ray Franz's book information with him. I think I just became his new best friend. So yeah, I did discuss religon at work.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

When I have run into them (rarely) I have had great discussions about how they handle sexual abuse cases. Generally it doesn't go very well for them. I do talk about my experience as a child and how the JWs dealt with it. Before long they get that I am no longer nor will I ever be a JW. Inevitably they ask if I was DFed and I will honestly tell them yes. They leave and send an elder by and I do the same thing with him.

Amuses me to some degree I guess.

I have been in Ottawa for over 6 years now and haven't seem one so far. Not anywhere. Not on the streets. Not stopping for coffee taking their break. Nada. I know they are here int eh city somewhere.

But if I do run into one I will probably do the same thing. Nothing like a personal experience and 2 dead family members due to their stupid policy to make them drop theri jaws open.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit