Sherlock Holmes and the Kingdom Hall...

by TimeBandit 11 Replies latest jw friends

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

So last night as the wife and I were on our way to the movie theater (went to see the new Sherlock Holes movie) we passed by the kingdom hall. Since Thursday is a meeting night the kh parking lot was packed. I couldn't help but grin at the thought that those chumps were sitting in there listening to such boring shit in those uncomfortable meeting clothes, and I was about to have a great time seeing a fun and entertaining movie, eating pop corn and sipping a soft drink.

The movie was stellar! Good acting, lots of action, great plot, and the way it was filmed and put together was breathtaking. I rarely see a movie that gets me stirred up and so exited, but when we were walking out of the theater after the movie was over I was so thrilled and choked up that I had trouble speaking for a while. Some may not like that particular movie as much as I did, but I thought it was awesome. What was even awesomer was that I don't waste my time sitting through boring meetings and singing those idiotic songs anymore!

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks for the recomendation, I want to see that film too. We have just had a 3 part drama series on BBC that was a modern adaptation of Holmes. Once I got into it, it was quality.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You are flying high now, too, nephew. I'm so happy you are. A year and a half ago, you were still so in that you were shunning me, now just look at you. I couldn't be prouder. That is unless you get that title and a letter from your parents, trying to grovel for that ring.

When I first came to JWD/JWN, I had this for my avatar. It's me, relaxing, flying high in my easy chair while JW's are at their meetings. Later I used to put this in paint and decorate for holidays, have election campaign posters, a Blue Meanie poster on the wall and all kinds of things. I'd change it all the time. At one point she was even holding a tiny Billy Jack hat.

It used to be that when you reached different posting numbers or milestones, at JWD, you got different titles. When I became an Emperor, I changed this avatar to :

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Thanks for your post TimeBandit, It made me smile. The KHs in our area are all in secluded neighborhoods so that we would have to drive far out of our way to pass them. It's good to be reminded of the many "perks" of leaving the WT$.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

Thanks for that nice comment Heather. Yeah, I've come a long way Baby!

• Londo111
    Londo111

It was a good movie. I enjoyed it allot!

• Ding
    Ding

I wonder if Sherlock could figure out the new generations teaching.

Odds are it was created by Professor Moriarty.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

It is lovely to see family on here!

way to go time bandit and flying high.

Oz

• poppers
    poppers

We have just had a 3 part drama series on BBC that was a modern adaptation of Holmes. Once I got into it, it was quality.

I've seen this too, and I loved it. It's available right now via instant streaming on Netflix, simply titled "Sherlock".

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    It is lovely to see family on here! way to go time bandit and flying high. Oz

Thank you. It's pretty wonderful. Never give up hope for your family and friends who are still in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit