Abortion double standards

by Flat_Accent 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Has anyone else noticed/thought about this?

Obviously the WT is Pro-Life when it comes to abortion, whatever the circumstances (a viewpoint completely devoid of human empathy, a quality which they consider so important) According to the Bible, life begins at conception, and deliberately terminating a pregnancy is punishable with death.

But are unborn foetuses going to be resurrected? No.

It seems that embryo's are 'human' enough for God to be pissed if you abort one, but not human enough for him to care about giving a second chance after Armageddon.

Another idea that's been repeated to me by several witnesses, is that some children (only the angelic like ones of course, not the little hellions that run around stepping on frogs) WILL survive Armageddon, because they can not have made a proper decision about serving God. But a Worldly woman who is pregnant will die, thus condemning herself and her unborn to everlasting destruction.

A bit unfair isn't it?

• sir82
    sir82
    But are unborn foetuses going to be resurrected? No.

There was a WT article 3 or 4 years ago that raised the "possibility" that God would resurrect unborn fetuses.

So, instead of 20 or 30 billion people crowded on earth at the end of the "thousand years", there will be 40 or 50 billion.

Soylent Green, anyone?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

There is no God. There is no resurrection. An aborted foetus has had any potential ended.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Interesting, sir82 - but I seriously doubt that would even be possible. If he was going to resurrect all aborted foetuses, he'd also have to resurrect all the still-born babies too! I hope the JW's have got plenty of time during the rebuilding work to carry out all these new Bible Studies!!

And no, Amelia Ashton, I don't believe in them either, I'm just pointing out a logical inconsistency.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am very pro-choice. Any threat to Roe will get me off my lazy chair and active for as long as is needed. Yet abortion troubles me. My mom handled health claims. Many women have 15-20 abortions. I assume an abortion is not a fun time. Neither side has a logical approach to abortion. All these troubling issues pop up. When Roe was written, Justice Blackmun had been chief counsel for a medical center. He wrote from a medical viewpoint rather than a legal viewpoint. Justice Brennan was slated to write the opinion. With his legal brain, Roe would be hard to assail. The otheer justices were afraid that Brennan, an active Catholic, would be excommunicated. Well, medical knowledge changes.

The question is if this info were posed before the GB, would it change their views? No. I feel they hated women and abortion is part of their action plan to use women as breeding livestock. Would it even get them thinking? No way. They live in black and white land.

The info. left me thinking. Anyone who thinks this matter is simple is in denial.

• free @ last
    free @ last

Anyone who thinks this matter is simple is in denial.

• just Ron
    just Ron

I've heard witness argue that roe gives them the right to refuse blood.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I can see where Roe discussed privacy rights and individual autonomy. The Witnesses had the right to refuse blood decades before Roe. When Roe was decided, much was made of the penumbra of the const'n and privacy. Blackmun's reasoning was not great. I heard John Paul Stevens retreat from that formula to the greater liberty interest that women have.

All the privacy cases which removed government from reproductive rights may have helped the Witnesses. It would be indirect, though, b/c blood does not involve privacy rights.

I was shocked to read here a week ago about a 14 yr old boy whose custodial guardian was a JW. The boy was held to be mature enough to decide to kill himself. Neither biologicap parent had custody but both opposed the Witnesses. Yet a judge ruled he could refuse blood and the boy died. The cure rate with blood is about 98% for his condition.

When all I knew about was the Witnesses, I thought their reasoning was astute. The references to secular works impressed me. Sadly for them, I grew up.

• tec
    tec

What is roe?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

aborted fish eggs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit