I found my cousins

by noni1974 13 Replies latest jw friends

• noni1974
    noni1974

I found 3 of my cousins who are not JW's on Facebook and I have friend requested them and two of them have accepted so far. They are my first cousins and along with me are the only ones in our family to be out of the JW's. I did not have conntact with them because I left long before they did and I had no contact with anyone in my family except my parents for over 7 years. I'm so happy!! I feel like I have a tiny bit of family back now. I do have to make an effort to get to know them again and I hope they want to be a part of my life.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Go Noni Go! And just think how this is going to piss off the "righteous" family members. I know that wasn't your intention---still funny though!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Cool, Noni!!

Congratulations!!!

If they are recently out, they may have very busy lives [face/palm slap] - I mean, who doesn't, nowadays?

But I suspect that they are thrilled to find that YOU are out and free, too!!

Zid

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Awesome Noni ! Very happy for you ,facebook has connected me to former friends that left yrs before me .We might not be close ,but sharing on facebook is at least closing the gap a bit . I am sure your cousins will catch up with you quickly .

• noni1974
    noni1974

They have been out for years. Not as long as me, but years still. I was kept out of the loop by my mother and her family for some reason. It's like a family decission to keep those of us who are not JW's apart by not telling us about each other. I'm hoping to reconnect in a real way with them. I feel like I'm not so alone anymore because I have real blood ties to the outside world.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

It's like a family decission to keep those of us who are not JW's apart by not telling us about each other.

Muah hawwwww. They didn't plan on FACEBOOK!

• noni1974
    noni1974

No they did not. My Aunt Judi would be pissed if she knew I was in contact with those cousins, especially her son. LMAO!! I think I will see if they want to get together and hang out a bit.

• I quit!
    I quit!

That's pretty cool noni. At one time I couldn't see any point to facebook. I only got on it because my sister wanted me to but since being on it I've had some good experience. I stumbled on a woman (I'm friends with her xjw father) who I hadn't seen since she was a baby because I left the WT while she was still a baby. She was a witness up to few years ago but is now out and we are now friend on facebook.

I also had someone on this board contact me because she recognized my real name as someone she knew in her (and my) JW days when I had Randy Watters befriend me facebook. I'd seen her posts on this board but little did I know she was a friend of mine from about 30 years ago when I was a Jdub.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I've found long lost cousins via the internet and facebook. Especially non-JW ones that my family lost contact with.

It's a cool feeling to find long-lost relatives.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I forgot to mention that I have had some contact with other family member of my family in the last 7 years. I always asked about these cousins but I have always been to very general things about their lives but never any real information. I've been out 14 years and the first 7 I stayed away and the second 7 years I've been more active in my family, only when they deem me worthy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit