What do JWs REALLY worship?

by 00DAD 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

God of the JWs

It sure isn't the Truth!

No, it's all about loyalty to the Organization.

It doesn't matter that their teachings are an incoherent, incomprehensible, contradictory pile of crap.

Oh, well, at least it's "Weed Free!"

Bow down, you faithful ones, bow down to the WTBTS's God.

• N.drew
    N.drew

They say the U. N. is "standing in a holy place" because they say they are the way to "peace and security". But the Governing Body who are men say they are the way to "peace and security". They are standing way closer to "a holy place" than the U. N. is. Are they not?

Metaphorically 2. One thing conceived as representing another; a symbol:

They don't SAY they are "peace and security" with WORDS. They say go to them, find "peace and security" on God's side WITH them. Do they not?

• N.drew
    N.drew

They worship peace and security.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

To JWs the 'Truth' is no longer derived from God's Word the Bible, if it ever was.

The Organization/Governing Body is the object of their worship.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Allow me to post a response to a question I posed at Bnet.

Just a bit more clarification here about reporting our time and literature placed. As an organization of humans, we have several things that are mandated by the Governing Body of Jehovah's witnesses. Besides asking us to report time and literature, they also give us instruction of how long our meetings should be, how long each part in the meeting should be. Recently, they made a decision that we would no longer take an extra hour out of the week to study a publication as a congregation, but would incorporate that time into the evening we meet for theocratic instruction. they have cut down the time that the public speaker will use for our public meeting. They decide what days of the year our assemblies and conventions will be held on and do all the work connected with making sure a place is available for these meetings.
    Now some of us might have reason that we do not prefer these arrangements. we have the choice of either doing them, or not doing them. No one is forced. If people in other organizations do not like what we do, I ask only that they mind their own business.
    with affection from Marken

Full discussion here.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Exactly, the ORGAN-ization has become their object of worship. The worships a man's organ!

• N.drew
    N.drew

Did anyone ever wonder how their food is "at the right time" when it is conceived months ahead, even a year sometimes, of distribution?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Good point N.Drew. I was always amazed at how JWs could believe that 'the article came along just when we needed it.' That was such a myth. And I could see that long before I saw things that really mattered.

• dog is god
    dog is god

They worship this trinity: Jehovah, Jesus, and most importantly (and trumps the former mentioned 2).....drum roll....THE GOVERNING BODY!!!!!

• Fernando
    Fernando

At a certain level they worship the same trinitarian, triune or triumvirate God as the elders and Governing Body in Jesus' day, namely Jehovah, Kingdom and Good Works (civil/outward righteousness instead of spiritual/inner righteousness). Jesus and the good news or message about him are notably missing! The "good news" according to Paul - totally deleted - yet more than half the Bible's 152-odd references to the "good news" are by Paul!

Ultimately, although they have some superficial knowledge about the "god of Abraham", they worship and are spiritually very intimate with the "god of religion" who had Jesus killed and continues to try and delete and substitute him with counterfeit fallen human mediators (a surreptitious clergy class).

In this they are spiritual prostitutes (apostates) exactly as God repeatedly described spiritually unfaithful (apostate) Jews in Ezekiel 16 and 23 (where the search for prostit* generates 37 hits in the NWT).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit