Came here to see if I can give help this time

by peridotgreen 15 Replies latest jw friends

• peridotgreen
    peridotgreen

Hi - one of the reason's I've returned after so long was to see if I can help anyone as I was helped.

So......if you need someone to talk to, and you feel comfortable with me, please PM me.

Yeah, I know, so awkward.

But I'm here if you want to chat.

My info:

56, married, grown kids, Witness for 15 years, only JW in my family, DF for smoking (which I know that I did on purpose so I would be kicked out), this all went down in the late 90s early 00s

This is my third husband. They both left me - one because I'd become a JW - it was one of the happiest days in my life. So something good did come of being a JW - I lost the ass hole husband.

I understand all sorts of problems because I've been through them.

Just keep me in mind if you have any bad moments like I used to have when I was new here.

Love,

Peridot

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

My life is good but it's nice to meet you What part of the world are you in?

• illoowy
    illoowy

@Peridot

You seem to have a very giving spirit volunteering and offering help to those waking up to the WTS's nonsense and suffering because of it.

I wish you well in your plan to help. Personally, I'm probably beyond help, I feel stuck in... with family that is very loyal to the WTS.

May the Good Lord bless your kind spirit.

:-)

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Welcome illoowy! No one is stuck It's just a matter of time, tears and choices! Best wishes and give the green monster, any nice poster here or me (i'm nice too) a PM if you need to bash it out

FS

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Welcome illoowy! No one is stuck It's just a matter of time, tears and choices! Best wishes and give the green monster, any nice poster here or me (i'm nice too) a PM if you need to bash it out

FS

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

FS

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

how did i tripple post?

• N.drew
    N.drew

God bless you periotgreen. Congratulations for your union with a nice man!

I am also married and (almost) 56. This year I will be the same age as the year I was born. 1956! A coincidence? Haha! I love to tease them. Who? You dear reader. Do I think I'm funny? No I know it! Isn't confusion the funnest thing ever? That's why I wonder sometimes if I'm evil. Haha.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Were you here as another poster? You only have 29 posts.

Personally I would need to know a poster here a lot longer than 29 posts for me to be willing to open up to them about the many things I have experienced in my life.

So don't be surprised if people don't respond to your offer of help. The WTS sucked us in once so we tend to be a little skittish about trusting anyone we don't know very well.

If you can't put it on the board for all members to read then a stranger isn't a great idea. Trust takes time to build up so keep on posting and let people get to know you a bit better

• sabastious
    sabastious

Welcome peridotgreen!

FS, that is serene portrait as an avatar. Love the snowy scene!

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit