I love this from the April 15 tower

by therevealer 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• therevealer
    therevealer

Notice that they are dumb enough to let the big reason for the sadness be loss and longing for family as the main problem, Nothing to do with Jehovah.

17 Consider just one example of the good that can come when a family loyally upholds Jehovah's decree not to associate with disfellowshipped relatives. A young man had been disfellowshipped for over ten years, during which time his father, mother, and four brothers "quit mixing in company" with him. At times, he tried to involve himself in their activities, but to their credit, each member of the family was steadfast in not having any contact with him. After he was reinstated, he said that he always missed the association with his family, especially at night when he was alone. But, he admitted, had the family associated with him even a little, that small dose would have satisfied him. However, because he did not receive even the slightest communication from any of his family, the burning desire to be with them became one motivating factor in his restoring his relationship with Jehovah. Think of that if you are ever tempted to violate God's command not to associate with your disfellowshipped relatives

Yes, to be fair they say "one" motivating factor, but it is none the less the predominant motive.

• 00DAD
  • straightshooter
    straightshooter

That is why df exists. The family causes emotional hurt by alienating the df relative. Hence by doing so, the df relative will sense the need for love from their close relatives and want to come back to the org. It really has nothing to do with how God feels about the person.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Do they really say this??? WOW!

"...Think of that if you are ever tempted to violate God's command not to associate with your disfellowshipped relatives."

This people should really REALLY REALLY get in line and learn from our LORD JESUS ... when betrayed by Judas, Jesus said: "Friend, what you have come to do, do it quickly" ... when he was up in the cross Jesus said: "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing"

• sharpshooter1946
  • fade_away
    fade_away

Well, this made me choke on my dinner.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Yes, to be fair they say "one" motivating factor, but it is none the less the predominant motive.

Sounds like a bogus story,10 years, really? However wt made the point. There have been a few members that have gone back for family, not because they suddenly believed again and wanted to serve jehovah. What does that say about df?

It's not done to get you back to jehovah, it's done to get you back, period. Higher the number of r&f, bigger the boasting wt can do.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

"Think of that if you are ever tempted to violate God's command not to associate with your disfellowshipped relatives"

What a lie. This isn't God's command, it's their command. They won't even take responsibility for their abuse, they blame it on God. Cowards!

• sir82
    sir82
    Think of that if you are ever tempted to violate God's command not to associate with your disfellowshipped relatives

The more I read this sentence, the more it sounds like a manipulative "evil stepmother"-type glaring at a teenager whom she is no longer able to fully control.

The tone is strikingly petulant and condescending, and smacks of desperation.

What's next? "You just go ahead and associate with your DF family! Just go right ahead! You'll see! Jehovah's gonna GET YOU! Yes he will!"

Or maybe "Just look what you've done! You're gonna get it when your Jehovah come home!"

• arko_n9ne
    arko_n9ne

my issue with gods command is that the disfellowship decision falls on the word of the elders. not the family. so the family turns their back on someone by the command of man. not through their own knowledge.

these loving christians are selfish traitors who turn their backs unscripturally. nowhere in the scripture does it say to shun by command of a spirit driven organization. yet millions do.

is this incorrect

am i wrong

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit