untitled

by EXMS 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• EXMS
    EXMS

So I got some information that is new to me. A few months ago my mother sent me an email with a bunch of junk about me telling her 3 years ago that I don't want to be a witness anymore. Let me qoute what the WTS has said about Disassociation:

A person who had willfully and formally disassociated himself from the congregation would have matched that description. By deliberately repudiating God’s congregation and by renouncing the Christian way, he would have made himself an apostate. A loyal Christian would not have wanted to fellowship with an apostate. Even if they had been friends, when someone repudiated the congregation, apostatizing, he rejected the basis for closeness to the brothers. John made it clear that he himself would not have in his home someone who ‘did not have God’ and who was “not of our sort.”

Scripturally, a person who repudiated God’s congregation became more reprehensible than those in the world. Why? Well, Paul showed that Christians in the Roman world daily contacted fornicators, extortioners, and idolaters. Yet he said that Christians must “quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother” who resumed ungodly ways. (1 Corinthians 5:9-11) Similarly, Peter stated that one who had “escaped from the defilements of the world” but then reverted to his former life was like a sow returning to the mire. (2 Peter 2:20-22) Hence, John was providing harmonious counsel in directing that Christians were not to ‘receive into their homes’ one who willfully ‘went out from among them.’—2 John 10.

Then further down this is what pops up...

So our God who requires that an unrepentant wrongdoer be expelled from the congregation also lovingly shows that a sinner can be reinstated in the congregation if he repents and turns around. (A disassociated person can similarly request to become part of the congregation again.) Thereafter he can be comforted by Christians who will confirm their love for him. (2 Corinthians 2:5-11; 7:8-13) Truly, it is just as Paul wrote: “No discipline seems for the present to be joyous, but grievous; yet afterward to those who have been trained by it it yields peaceable fruit, namely, righteousness.”—Hebrews 12:11.

The WTS is saying that a DA'd person is now an apostate. Yet the next paragrapgh shows that a DA'd person that repent and come back. Are they now accepting Apostates???

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

They have always accepted apostates back, provided you crawl back with your tail between your legs. It just does not happen very often that a person that understands the truth about the truth would go back.

• EXMS
    EXMS

I see your point there. I have only known of one person that DA'd himself and came back. Fool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit