Jehovah's Witnesses eat blood without thinking about it

by JW10581 25 Replies latest watchtower medical

• JW10581
    JW10581

How about this? Are Jehovah's Witnesses allowed to eat the widely used E120 or Carmine that is made of insect blood. It is the whole insect including its blood that is used and if you crush a living Cochineal insect you will see its red blood color, I've seen that done on a program on BBC where they also refer to the red as the insect's blood. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tkzb3

And how about some fishes like smelt that are eaten without draining the blood? Do you know any other cases?

I would love to send this as a question to the GB.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Ever eat rare steak? Oh that sweet juicy goodness Just don't call it blood because it's only juice and not blood, right.

• designs
    designs

diamond- yes, If a Witness has been eating Big Macs since childhood they've consumed a few buckets of blood.

• DonutZ!
    DonutZ!

I used to work at McDonald's and made big macs everyday and I never saw any blood?

• designs
    designs

Its just in meat, you would have to blanche it white and then there would still be micro amounts of blood in meat.

• DonutZ!
    DonutZ!

So when they make the meat and freeze it at the big McDonald's meat making place they send it anyway? With blood?

• bigmac
    bigmac

whats all this about eating bigmacs?

• designs
    designs

Don't be scared we aren't vampires

• cantleave
    cantleave

Residual blood in meat is not the issue. It is the act of "pouring blood onto the ground" i.e the symbolic gesture of bleeding the animal that is important.

As for cochineal, I asked about this when I was a child, and was told that it should be avoided, as I tucked into a slice of battenberg cake!!

• bigmac
    bigmac

err--how does one bleed a beetle?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit