How do elders deal with Hermeraphrodites / intersex?

by garbonzo 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• garbonzo
    garbonzo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

How do they deal with it? Most religious views of homosexuality and intersex individuals if one of the major reasons why I am an athiest now (of course with all the contradictions of the Bible and other books, etc.). I'm wondering how the JWs deal with this?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I believe they must live a life of sexual abstinence, if to be accepted by WT. Or perhaps, if their gender was decided for them since childhood, they must stick with it.

• finally awake
    finally awake

If I remember correctly, they believe that whatever external genitalia you were born with is how you must live. So a person with male genitals must live as a heterosexual male. If a person is born with ambiguous genitals, or both sets, or neither, I have no idea what they would expect of the person.

• sizemik
    sizemik

I'm sure more than a few would like to take them out the back room to discuss it.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I believe in cases where they have both genitals they have to pick a gender at baptism and stick with it.

I wonder if they masturbate, would it be considered fornication?

• garbonzo
    garbonzo

@Paralipomenon Good point. I wonder if it would be considered fornication, also, haha. If they pick 1 gender, then that would mean they can't use the other gender's genetalia while with a spouse? I wonder how many JWs would want a spouse like that, haha. That's if the intersex individual even reveals what they have when they are dating. Wouldn't THAT be a surprise! ahahahaha And they would be stuck with it!!! That's funny.

@sizemik So is this, haha.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't find it funny. It must be a huge burden to bear. I'd love to hear a WT take on it. Obviously, the person had no choice. Understanding and compassion will likely not be forthcoming.

• sir82
    sir82

Like a lot of things, the WTS pretends they don't exist.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That's if the intersex individual even reveals what they have when they are dating. Wouldn't THAT be a surprise!

It would only be a surprise the first time. After that, it would define the shortest measurable time period known to man -- the time it would take for the news to be known circuit wide (and beyond). GOSSIP RULES for JWs!

NO smoking. NO (over)drinking. NO f*cking. But dayem! do those people LOVE to talk!

DOC

• garbonzo
    garbonzo

@Band on the Run It surely wouldn't be fun if they were a JW, but I don't think one would be for very long. I don't think it would be such a burden for them outside a religion. Why would it be?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit