Suggestion: Create an "Empowering JWs" Forum

by ABibleStudent 17 Replies latest forum suggestions

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Do you mean a forum where JWs can come and find out that they have wasted decades of their lives and trashed their relationships with their families and generally behaved like complete arses to the rest of mankind without hurting them ????

• designs
    designs

arko- where in the world did you find that video.

Quentin- that really is the formula, you can sit in a KH for decades with little things popping up that don't jive and suddenly the collective hits something in the brain and you hit the EXIT sign for good.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Personally, I don't think it would work as a sub forum here.

We are who we are, for better or worse. We represent a group of people that are freed mentally.

If there was a section of this forum that was restricted to how we speak for better reception to active witnesses, we might as well call it the "Study Edition" of the forum, because it would be pretending to be something we are not.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think it was good for me to be shocked by the, as I saw it disrespectful expressions, used on this site, I immediately thought "What is it that makes these people so derisive ?" , it did not put me off, it surprised me, and intrigued me, so I read a lot of old threads, and pretty soon my eyes were opened.

It was interesting to see the evolution of the site, as questions were answered, ideas thrashed out, the whole place matured over the years. So I think ,as said above, even such a section as suggested for this site would evolve very quickly, (by "puntuated equilibrium" ?) into being indistinguishable from the rest of the site.

It is just a good thing when new posters are treated with kid gloves to a degree, there is no need to blast them in to wakefulness, a gentle "Hey smell the coffee" is good enough, unless they persist in silliness, or are trolls, then the gloves should rightfully come off.

• Quentin
    Quentin

"...that really is the formula, you can sit in a KH for decades with little things popping up that don't jive and suddenly the collective hits something in the brain and you hit the EXIT sign for good."....designs...yes, you get what's called a gestalt, suddenly the whole tapestry comes into focus. Not the tiny little speck you've starred at for years.

Felt good to think for yourself didn't it Phizzy.

"If there was a section of this forum that was restricted to how we speak for better reception to active witnesses, we might as well call it the "Study Edition" of the forum, because it would be pretending to be something we are not.".... Paralipomenon... good point

Do you mean a forum where JWs can come and find out that they have wasted decades of their lives and trashed their relationships with their families and generally behaved like complete arses to the rest of mankind without hurting them ????...Black Sheep... might as well go over to wt.org, stick with that. Save yourself from being shocked, eh..." don't talk back, ya-kitty-yak"

• arko_n9ne
    arko_n9ne

youtube is full of videos from ex witnesses and antiwts.

i am subscribed to a channel called lightrevealed and there was a recommended video from exjws1 with the channel owner talking about his awakening while standing next to the russell pyramid marker.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Black Sheep - Do you mean a forum where JWs can come and find out that they have wasted decades of their lives and trashed their relationships with their families and generally behaved like complete arses to the rest of mankind without hurting them ????

@ Black Sheep (and others). I mean a forum (or sub-forum or folder beneath the Jehovah's Witnesses forum of JWN - not a seperate website) where JWN members can exchange ideas about empowering JWs to think for themselves by either planting seeds of doubts in JWs, writing to news organizations to expose the dangers of cults like the Watchtower, writing to politicians to revise laws that unintentionaly support dangerous cults, or suggesting to JWs with doubts not to donate to the Watchtower or any building projects, etc. Naming the forum "Empowering JWs" is to help get around JWs cult indoctrinated defenses not to read apostate material.

If JWs with doubts helped plant seeds of doubts in other JWs, maybe the Watchtower leadership would make changes which would help JWs to think for themselves. Even if the Watchtower leadership becomes even more critical of former JWs that may still help JWs to start thinking for themselves.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Fernando
    Fernando

Sounds like a good idea to me Robert.

Questions one might ask the next JW who knocks (or adapt to family/friends):

1. I hear you have a good article on "legalism". Please could you bring me a copy and explain it to me?
    2. I hear you have a good article on "what truth will set people free". Please could you bring me a copy and explain it to me?

These articles gently expose gross falsehood in the belief system and practices of the average JW.

Of course as usual the person has to be at a point in their lives where they are ready to face the truth and deal with the enormous consequences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit