Adios

by BizzyBee 11 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Adios, amigos!

The Bees leave Southern California at O'dark-hundred in the morning for ten days in the great state of Florida (BTS territory!). LAX to Orlando, then moving towards Tampa for Mr Bee's golf tournament, on to a place called Rotonda (yup - a development shaped like a rotunda) for a few days, golf lessons for me, then north for a couple of nights with friends in Eustis. Lotsa golf, sunshine (I hope), beach/pool time, relaxing, and reading. Finishing up The Nine by Jeffrey Toobin (about the SCOTUS) and Game Change about the 2008 election. Also some fiction - Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin. Plus on Kindle The Wrong Box by Robert Louis Stevenson - hilarious.

Any other suggestions for Kindle out there?

In a perfect world, I would take FHN with me - cause she needs (deserves) this more than I do.

Oh, yeah - I will be back - to enjoy this crazy, scary election year. God bless America!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh, Bizzy, I was just thinking how you better not be leaving JWN because we NEED you. Thank you. I probably don't deserve Florida more, but I do deserve it. Will you post at all while you are gone, sitting under the palms and gazing upon all those wild orange trees?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Dohhhh!! You kidder you!!!

I just downloaded one recommended to me by a Kindle crazy lady at work. "Chickens Mules and Two Old Fools".

Also recommended was "Faith No More", but I am so not in the mood to explore religious/non motivations right now.

Have fun, soak up sun if you find it, and go Burn hunting!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Oh, you girls! I will come home with a tan, I doubt I will post - Mr Bee's Ipad will be my connection to the outside world but it is hard to use for posting here. I will be concentrating on smacking that little white (or pink or orange) ball around the course.

If I see Burn - how will I know?

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

have fun me from so cal too..

L8R T8R

• fade_away
    fade_away

Cool!! Come see my wife and I in Jacksonville FL! lol

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I didn't know the Bees are from Socal

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    If I see Burn - how will I know?

Lulz. I am about 90 miles south of Rotonda by car...which looks like a landing pad for UFOs...but I'll be going Out West in the morning for a few days--Las Vegas. Almost did S.F. instead but I chose CES over the JPM Healthcare conference this year.

Welcome to the golf capital of the world. More courses per capita in SW FL than anywhere else. Check out the islands while you are here. Sanibel/Captiva are lovely, and are great for bicycling.

Nice weather today. Highs in the lower 80s. No clouds.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Have a nice trip. Hope you find something to like about America while you are there.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

LOL! Indeed. Heaven forbid the refreshments/snacks cart girl at the golf course carries a few extra pounds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit