"Be Successful in Coping with Change" - Notes from a special talk given after Watchtower Study at Brooklyn Bethel December 5, 2011

by wannabefree 60 Replies latest jw friends

• cult classic
    cult classic

"1. From advancing spiritual light - it can be difficult if a teaching is especially close to our heart. "

So once again it's the fault of the individual JW if they have a hard time adjusting.

Ask yourself: How did the teaching become close to your heart in the first place?

• designs
    designs

It would be nice if they had given examples of popular teachings that have gone bye bye.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Good idea Designs. Maybe if a JW brings this up we could ask how they've adjusted in the past. Has to be good for the cognitive dissonance.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Sounds to me also like they are getting ready to spring a biggy on their people..another Ooops! (Like 1914 and all the others)..

Snoozy

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"...it can be difficult if a teaching is especially close to our heart."

What they really mean is that it's "difficult if a teaching has been especially pounded into our head." While they have publicly ditched several "generation" interpretations, they have very quietly discontinued any discussions about the "King of the North" and politics destroying religion. Those things get very little press anymore, just occasional mentions in old talk outlines. Instead, they simply say that the end must be near because there's some natural disasters, politics is corrupt, but mostly that the end is near because WT and the GB say it is near. Frankly, to get a real fulfillment of their earlier prophecies about the King of the North and destruction of religion would require decades. As proven by the events in the Middle East, people are more likely to turn against their governments sooner than they would turn against their religion. That's an epic fail for WT and their crappy false predictions. JWs are masterful at ignoring that the GB emperors have no clothes.

• Intel
    Intel

I worked for 10 years at several branches (doing IT work) and this assholes never cease to amaze me! I've heard that sweet talk dozens of times. Once a month they have a "special talk" after Monday Watchtower study, once in a while it is "special" because they have to address some shit going on at the local Branch.

During my stays at some third world Branches they give this kind of blah blah blah talk (change, accept change) to convince Bethelites that a new Branch facility is ABSOLUTELY necessary, that they have to let go of the old place. Then they gave sweet talks to whip everybody onto construction work and to "spread the word" to the congregations (=come to work every weekend and bring the $$$$ with you, Jehuba will give you some salty crackers, some lemonade and his blessings)....last year I've got dozens of emails from former Bethelites that had to go, because the very same buildings that at the time where ABSOLUTELY necessary are now being SOLD. Since I worked in IT, I had access to the Accounting deps of some of these Branches (Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras and some African Branches). I KNOW how much the construction costed versus the prices that they are asking for these buildings - THEY ARE MAKING A KILLING!!!

Sweet Watchtower Talks on Monday Nights = CA$H & POWER.

But never forget: lots of disgruntled, frustrated ex-Bethelites (like me) on the streets = scratching on their fundaments, putting Revolution in motion. Little by little....

• Terry
    Terry

Why do they use the word "progressive" to describe the Watchtower people?

Well, the word "insidious" sounds too dark.

In this instance, progressive contains the hidden word PROGRESS which dulls the pain of CHANGE.

The wrong teachings of the past have caught up with them. The internet is to blame, of course.

Slowly and steadily they have to back away from the crap that stinks the worst.

This is progress.

But, MOVING is so PUBLIC and noticeable and raises red flags they have to FRAME THE ISSUE before anybody else does.

The Watchtower Society is about to morph Big Time.

Brace yourselves.

The above is just their way of saying it without really saying it.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Why don't the Watchtower just say that Jehovah's chariot is moving to Walkill because of the toll increases on the bridges and tunnels.

• factfinder
    factfinder

From 1908 when they first bought property in Brooklyn, and throughout the decades to follow, the society wanted their buildings (and signs) to be visible to the public- indeed, thousands of people see them every day.

Now, the new gb wants to move to a secluded, forested complex in Warwick.

Becoming ever more secretive.....

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

When I read such a thread, words like downsizing, and consolidating come to mind. Creating a leaner, meaner machine. Getting rid of the dead wood. And I agree with Billy, if ever the nations take out Babylon the Great, why on earth should JWs be exempt from such a purge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit