Sacroiliac Joint Pain - Anyone?

by Lozhasleft 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thanks for the responses everyone. Anyone suffering back pain like this now has all my respect and sympathy.

Loz x

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

I have psoriatic arthritis. Sacroiliitis is a symptom of this. You should look up spondyloarthropathy/ies and enthesopathy of the iliac joints.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Definition By Mayo Clinic staff

Sacroiliac joints Sacroiliitis (sa-kro-il-ee-EYE-tis) is an inflammation of one or both of your sacroiliac joints, which connect your lower spine and pelvis. Sacroiliitis can cause pain in your buttocks or lower back, and may even extend down one or both legs. The pain associated with sacroiliitis is often aggravated by prolonged standing or by stair climbing. Sacroiliitis has been linked to a group of diseases called spondyloarthropathies, which cause inflammatory arthritis of the spine. Sacroiliitis can be difficult to diagnose, because it may be mistaken for other causes of low back pain. Treatment of sacroiliitis may involve a combination of rest, physical therapy and medications.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sacroiliitis/DS00726

• Violia
    Violia

yes I have the same issues and get the injections too. They really help the most. They are not without problems as prolonged use of steroids has its issues too. I have no other choices at this time. I day /days I cannot walk at all and stay in bed too. I have been getting SI joint injections 2x as year but it is causing me some systemic problems so I will need to limit them.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

New turn of events...yesterday's duty GP insists its not the SI joint ...no, he thinks its my KIDNEY! Fingers are crossed that the mega strong antibiotics kick in soon......*bites fist in frustration*

Loz x

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Loz, just found this!

Profoundly hope the diagnosis is right this time and that you feel much better soon!

Take care, Retro

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit