Forgotten/Unforgotten Friends

by kheli 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• kheli
    kheli

Thanks for the compliment Daniel, I'm sure that my time will come soon.

• Latte
    Latte

Englishman,

It was like talking to an imbecile. In 20 years he had not moved on one iota. He didn't have a thought in his head that wasn't someone else's.

What you said I think applies to any dub who tows ‘the company line’ and distances himself/herself from any friends who leave. Sometimes, I feel that a more direct approach is necessary (as I know you yourself think that) if we do sit back and let things ‘take their natural course’ then what you said will happen to most of our friends/family. i.e. They will never move on, we will be letting the borg. Have more years of their life. It makes me so mad, as I know that this ‘stagnant’ situation is developing with one of my oldest friends.

Cellomould,

I just wanted to be friends with her, but still at great emotional cost. So I will pay her only a distant respect now.

I do believe that all suffer in this scenario, friendships are forcibly finished or put on the simmer. I know that my dub friend now has an even smaller circle of friends, she has lost an irreplaceable friend; the experiences which we have shared together make us a unique friend. I do believe that such friends should be highly valued throughout life. The end result is loneliness…for both sides.
    I'm glad that you are no longer letting anyone hold you back, glad that you will not be one of those who never 'moved on' after 20yrs! I wish you well Cellomould.

Latte

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit