Can you be a JW in good standing and NOT go door to door?

by Terry 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I know a few JWs who barely go D2d yet they always have a report. IF i was an active witness today i'm pretty sure i could get away with not going door to door at all and still report.

I know of witnesses who "claim" to write letters and place phone calls. Others use the informal witnessing excuse. Others simply go to field service but have already arranged to go with someone they know who hates it as much. So when they go out, they spend the entire time having coffee.

Good observation.

And, how about today -- the internet age? I suspect that many (such as Mankelli) report gobs of time yet don't ever leave their shadow on a doorstep. They paste huge clumps of Watchtower text with little to none of their own commentary, thinking that new bLight will speak for itself.

Len

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Len, you are so right. Yahoo! Answers and Topix are full of JWs spending their time asking inane questions about some JW doctrine that no one else in the world would give a hang about. Then their questions are followed up by a dozen other obvious JWs who have simply copied and pasted some (frequently totally irrelevant) text from the Watchtower CD. It just shows that JWs don't have the ability to speak the "truth" in their own words, they can only parrot exactly what the Watchtower prints.

You know that they're all counting time for this unproductive time preaching to each other. When I'm in the mood, I always jump on and try to write something that tells the truth as it makes them look ridiculous for wasting everyone's time. I also call them out for their copy/paste answers.

JV

• Terry
    Terry

When my former best friend and faithful JW was still sneakily speaking to me at lunch he repeated the rumor that Ray Franz had been kicked out of Bethel for.....are you ready?.............for......."Not going out in the door to door work"!

How is that for a rumor?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit