Living forever or immortal ?

by Simon 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

Greetings Simon,

Faraon has it right. We ARE immortal! Sooner or later our bones, ashes, whatever will be assimlated into the bodies of other organisms and possibly move up into future humans. If you or I take breath of air and in that air is one or more molecules of air that Einstein or even Jesus breathed, exhaled and was re-purified by plants, and then hits our lungs and bloodstreams, then WE are a part of Jesus or Einstein or whomever.

Our "stuff" is immortal, Simon. Relgion or God or not, I take comfort in that and I also take comfort in my eternal insurance policy called my four children. They all carry a part of me, and their stuff will also live forever.

Of course, when I'm dead, I won't give a shit.

Farkel

• Valis
    Valis

Hey Simon, if there is a finite amount of matter and space in the Universe, as some flavors of cosmology and physics profer, and are all other pieces of carbon from previous people, we might be labelled the largest schizo organism to ever exist. We talk to ourselves, fight ourselves, kill ourselves, chat with ourselves, meet in large groups to have dinner with our chatting selves, get ourselves drunk, marry ourselves, spwan ourselves, etc....Blah, Blah, Blah.....

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Imbue
    Imbue

IMBlueFire,

...hey, this person's name looks like mine, only misspelled
    Sorry, but I've been using this name for along time. I assure you it means something quite different from your name. I'm noted for poetic sarcasm in my art work and daily routine.

sorry Simon to keep detracting from your topic but people keep making comments and asking questions.

If the head be corrupt, so also must be the members — The Two Babylons Alexander Hislop

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

"If the head be corrupt, so also must be the members"--The Two Babylons
    Alexander Hislop

Does this apply to the presidents of the Watchtower Society also?
    Check out the lives of Russell and Rutherford for beginners!

• Imbue
    Imbue

"If the head be corrupt, so also must be the members"--The Two Babylons
    Alexander Hislop

Does this apply to the presidents of the Watchtower Society also?
    Check out the lives of Russell and Rutherford for beginners!

It would apply to any organization. It was written by a Baptist, Rev. Alexander Hislop, about the Papacy. This is a book utilized by the WT.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again when it doesn't work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit