God: The Abusive Boyfriend

by baltar447 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Loving god is identical to the Stockholm Syndrome.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

wow...very accurate comparison

oz

• designs
    designs

Megalomaniacs are like that.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

That was really good I missed that thought

thank you

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

All of this describes, in a word, Narcissism.

Great job!

• baltar447
    baltar447

I hear you, coc. I consider myself agnostic with deist leanings.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

I wonder how a person who believes/loves/serves the god of the bible would respond to this. When I was a born-again evangelical, I had no answer for this sort of thing. It's probably one of the reasons I am no longer one.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    I wonder how a person who believes/loves/serves the god of the bible would respond to this.

Well I most certainly do NOT serve the God of the bible, but it would be interesting to hear from someone who does.... *calling out all lurking dubbies* come out, come out wherever you are!

Peace

• talesin
    talesin

Ayup!

t

• tec
    tec

Well, my God (who I admit is rarely like the 'christian' God, or the god of the bible, though He is spoken of in the bible) is the Father of Christ. He (or his son) does not need constant praise; nor does he make me feel guilty for just being human. I feel guilty on my own when I do something that causes pain to another person...as well I should, because that guilt teaches NOT to do whatever it was again. He releases me from that guilt, though, through forgiveness. No painful eperiences to test my devotion, that I know of. I think he would let me answer for myself though, if such occurred... and for that I am grateful. Gives me a chance to show loyalty and love, if I have those within me. That helps ME, and others, with courage and continued faith. He doesn't claim anything -good or bad- in my life; but I do credit him with the good. Never the bad though, because he does not cause it. No threats of eternal torture ever. He does love me, as this is his nature.... and he showed that by sending His Son: who forgives, teaches the Truth about His Father, offers strength and love and comfort and peace and also 'speaks'.

• Ways to tell if you are in danger of being taken advantage of in a relationship with this abusive God:
    You are highly defensive of Him from even the slightest criticism of His flaws.

If lies (even if just misunderstandings) are told about Him, then I try to speak the truth instead. As we all tend to be about anyone we love.

You talk to Him every night, and He never responds yet still expects unwavering devotion.

Well, not every night. And sometimes the day. But He does respond. So this doesn't really apply to me. So I guess I don't have anything to worry about ;)

Peace,

Tammy

(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit