When did this "written review" idea get started?

by james_woods 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

I started attending meetings early 1960 and written reveiws certainly were a part of the tms, I`m a bit worried about you james woods,you were a school servant and you cant remember this ? LOL Didn`t the fact that they got the person next to you to mark your paper mean they didn`t trust you give an honest answer ?

smiddy

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I`m a bit worried about you james woods,you were a school servant and you cant remember this ? LOL

Maybe I didn't follow their advice on not ever eating anything cooked in an aluminum pan?

Seriously, I have thought this over carefully and I can tell you that I don't think this was done in our congregation in Oklahoma City and two others in Oklahoma in all the time I was there - from about 1962 up to when I left in 1980. I was either school overseer or assistant school overseer for about half that time.

Is it possible that this was sort of optional by congregation back in those days, and we just didn't do it?

I am sure I would have remembered it if we had been doing it once a month...especially if I had had to grade all those papers.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

My parents became JWs in 1957 and I recall them telling me how they had to hand in their written review for correction...That was a problem for my dad who didn't know how to read or write. In time, he learned to read but he was never a good writer...I had to help him write his talks when I was still at home. I remember when written review sheet where distributed to all during the ministry school...and then we would grade ourself, adding up the points for each question. Then the questions were found in the KM of the month of the review and everyone was encouraged to prepare ahead of the review...

• St George of England
    St George of England

My Dad was the school "servant" at that time. I still remember the amount of time and effort it took to "grade" every ones paper and hand it back.

So was my Dad. I remember many times being summoned into his room as he graded the papers and demanded an explanation as to why I had got so many wrong answers. Just what you need after a heavy day at school.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit