The Watchtowers mission statement....changed ??when??

by mauiboy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• mauiboy
    mauiboy

Seems to me that years ago the WT's mission statement inside the front cover of the magazine mentioned that when donations cease, it would be recognized that it was time to cease publication of the magazine. Does anyone else remember this...or am I losing it? The satement now has nothing even suggesting such a sentiment, and I was wondering how others re-call it? If it did change, does anyone know with which issue the new mission statement appeared?? I'm trying to figure out if it may tie in with the current interest and participation in hedge funds. Thanks.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I never noticed any mission statement. Oh, please stop donating.

• mauiboy
    mauiboy

On the inside of the front cover, at the top of the page is the magazines mission statement: "The purpose of this magazine......" blah, blah,blah. I haven't looked at it for years and was wondering when (If) it changed....

• factfinder
    factfinder

The statement about ceasing publication of the magazine when donations cease has not been mentioned in the "purpose of the Watchtower" in many many decades. You'd have to go way back to find that mentioned- I've never seen it in any issues I've read in the "Mission Statement".

• red21
    red21

I do remember them saying that if donations dried up and they couldn't publish, it would simply be another sign that their preaching work is nearing the end? But, as far as any change I have not heard of this myself from those I know that are still active. I have been out of touch for several years now myself.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Psh...they don't need donations now... Not with all their real estate holdings.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Wasn`t that a statement made by C.T.Russell and often quoted in the publications,books etc.?" Jehovah`s Witnesses in the Divine Purpose"and the like.?

smiddy

• Azazel
    Azazel

right on smiddy thats from C T Russells time

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

mentioned that when donations cease, it would be recognized that it was time to cease publication of the magazine.

I think it was more like " When the greater general public realizes what we been saying about the end of the world coming, is just Bullshit

to attract attention to are literature, will stop publishing are literature."

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The donations will never stop...

thanks to the tax avoidance free magazines scheme, the publishers buy them...most that the society can print will be paid for by the dumb bunnies at the hall...

they don't need donations to keep that rag going at all come to think of it

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit