"We needed to use the library"... and other wacky Watchtower excuses.

by cedars 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Slimboyfat - I've heard that before about ending the group study because of high fuel prices, is there a quote on that? Just curious.

It was in the letter they read out at the meeting when it was announced. It was such a dumb excuse they never mentioned it again. I sure hope somebody saved a copy of that letter!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Slimboyfat, I'm glad someone other than me remembers the high gas price reason for cancelling the book study.

iCeltic, that reason was given in the very first letter that was read. Many people complained and noted that people in some countries have always paid high gas prices and in third world countries people walk more than an hour each way to attend the book study. A letter then followed saying that the book study was cancelled so there could be a family study night.

Talk about a quick spin!

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Cheers for the answers, I know when I was there going to the book study was bearable, unlike the rest of the meetings.

If any elders/ex elders have that letter I'd love to see it.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Regarding the discontinuation of in home bible studies:

I believe that this could've been part of a private settlement to keep a damaging lawsuit from becoming public. Think about it.

wp

• trueblue
    trueblue

Amazing Homeless Man Singing Outside of Berklee College of Music

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I believe that this could've been part of a private settlement to keep a damaging lawsuit from becoming public. Think about it.

Well you never know. I wonder if we will ever find out. Probably only the lawyers and a few select others know the real reason. Who knows maybe even some of the GB are in the dark to some extent.

• sir82
    sir82

A few of my favorite lame excuses:

-- We're cutting the production of the Awake magazine in half...not to save expenses, no, but so it can concentrate more on the Bible!

-- We're cutting food service at assemblies....no not because Sister GoldenCorral snarfed 8 sandwiches at a time without paying, but to "simplify"!

-- We're cutting the Pioneer Assist Others program...not because everyone hated it, but because it was so wildly successful!

-- We're changing the format of the Watchtower magazine to include a "Study edition"...not because we want the harsher "obey us or die" messages to be hidden from the public, no, it's because the public doesn't understand what the word "pioneer" means!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

A few of my favorite lame excuses:

Another one, and one of my favorites,

-- We are stopping magazine subscriptions, not to save on mailing costs, but so you will have one more good reason to get to meetings...to get your magazines!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    The library response by Watchtower was probably the most ridiculous excuse I have ever heard. It's what a child would say. I don't know if there is anything that can top that.

Absolutely right - it was as if they just said it without even thinking. For example - what possible books could the UN library have that were necessary for writing the Watchtower???

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I will LMAO if it turns out these barrels were buried in the 80s or even better, the 90s. Then the "we didn't know it would hurt anything" excuse would hold even less water than it already does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit