What are the marks of True Christianity?

by TimothyT 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

I was browsing through the new Public edition Watchtower article for March 2012. Generaly, id say i agree. Of course there are more than 5 ways of identifiying who Christians are today, but the following are reasonable enough benchmarks:

• Remain in my world
    • No part of the world
    • Have love among yourselves
    • I have made your name known
    • This good news of the kingdom will be preached

However, what gets me is the constant demonstrating of the inadequacies of other religions, purely to bull up the Jehovahs Witnesses. When i finsihed reading the article and considered the final box entitled, 'Do you recognise the mark?', i considered a few scriptures which i feel the WT left out.

Romans 14:12 - So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

2 Corinthians 5:10 - For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Galatians 6:5 - for each one should carry their own load.

From what i gather from the Christian Greek scriptures, it is every man for himself. Therefore, what the WT should be pointing out is not how to identify true Christians as an organisation but as individuals. I bet there are far more spiritual and Christian people in other religions than in the JWs.

Timmy xxx

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Scorch marks.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Ayyy that must be it! :)

• cantleave
    cantleave

A vacant look and an Inane smile.

• JRK
    JRK

There is no true christianity, therefore it is markless.

JK

• wobble
    wobble

I would have thought that if you wished to follow the example of Jesus as shown in the Gospels, you would be compassionate and caring to all, even little children, you would seek out those labelled "sinners" and eat with them, and you would do all in your power to help cure the ailments and the lack that people have.

How does the WT score on these points ? Nil Points.

• Isidore
    Isidore

The true marks for nearly 2000 years:

One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic.

• cofty
    cofty

This good news of the kingdom will be preached

In as few words as possible what do you understand "this good news" to be?

I will give you a starter - google "kerygma".

• N.drew
    N.drew

Seek (let yourself be found by) the ONE who is looking for You. Seek righteousness seek meekness. These are marks imo of True Christianity. For each one the scrutiny is different. No one can judge if another is on the way or not. Do not judge.

The list is a silly list. All the things are only somewhat true. Learning what they mean for you is part of the search. The other part of it is the Golden Rule. There might be more parts, I don't know, but everything begins with starting.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Football. :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit