Febuary 21 2012 We could make a difference,if we want to. A World Wide Campaign sending letters to Govt. officials,newspapers, to Victoria Australia

by smiddy 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Thank you for your comments sizemik. They were supportive, cautionary, and offered alternative ideas.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

The following is an email that I wrote to John Champion SC <[email protected]>, who is the Director of Public Prosecutions in Victoria.

Dear John Champion SC, Victoria's Director of Public Prosecutions:

Thank you and the staff of the of the Office of Public Prosecutions of Victoria for assisting Steven Unthank to criminally prosecute leaders and organizations of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society (WB&TS) in the administrative hearings in the Latrobe Valley Magistrates' Court of Victoria in Gippsland, Australia (i.e., case ID’s B12083108, B12083367, B12083527, B12083833, B12082206).

I hope that the Public Prosecutors Office of Victoria will use its full resources to prosecute the WB&TS leadership and organizations to the maximum extent of Victorian child protection laws.

Although I am not an Australian, many members of Jehovah Witnesses (JWs) Internet support forums, such as www.jehovahs-witness.net and www.jwsupportforum.com, are very interested in the outcome of Steven Unthank’s criminal cases against the WB&TS.

From my personal experience of being exposed to the WB&TS’s doctrines and practices, I hope that the prosecution of the aforementioned cases will educate more politicians and government officials about the societal costs of dangerous cults like the WB&TS. The WB&TS is a dangerous cult that enslaves members to print and/or distribute literature and is not a religion, as promoted in WB&TS's literature. I also hope that Steven Unthank’s cases will inspire co-operation between prosecutors and politicians to revise (or create) laws to strengthen compliance with child protection laws in Victoria.

Thanks again for supporting Steven Unthank’s efforts to protect JW children in Victoria.

Sincerely,

Robert

Robert

• Roski
    Roski

This person was raised as a JW - parents were Gilead grads:

http://www.jplangbroek.com/

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John-Paul_Langbroek) Langbroek married and has three children. Although he has not shown a clear rejection of his parents' religion (Jehovah's Witnesses) he does not discuss the topic at length.

Hi Roski thanks for the information about John-Paul Langbroek and what would you recommend? After doing a quick internet search, I do not feel that there would be any positive benefit to helping Steven Unthank's cases by contacting Mr Langroek, because Mr Langroek is in the Queensland legislative Assembly and not the Victoria's and because he has not clearly rejected the WTBTS.

I know of a former JW who does not believe that the Bible is the word of God, but does believe that the WTBTS has the correct interpretations if it was. I do not bother saying anything negative about the WTBTS to this former JW, because I feel that he is still indoctrinated in WTBTS teachings. It seems that only sexual drive can overcome thought control, at least in the case of this former JW.

Robert

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I was surprized to receive a response to one of my emails from a Victorian Legislative Council member, upper house of Victorian State parliament. I know that Colleen Hartland (or her assistant) does not write anyting more than"thank you", but my email to her did not ask for a response and she (or her assistant) must be busy enough replying to constituents so why respond to a non-constituent. Could this be qualitative evidence that thanking politicians for some specific action of theirs, may positively influence them?

Robert

To: Robert
    Sent: Sunday, January 8, 2012 5:42 PM
    Subject: Re: Thank You for Helping to Protect Jehovah Witnesses' Children

Hello RobertThank you for your email. RegardsColleen

Colleen Hartland MLC

Western Metropolitan Region

E: [email protected]

P: 9689 6373

W: http://mps.vic.greens.org.au/

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I have to admit that Aussie politicians seem a lot more caring than American politicians. At least some Aussie politicians respond with a personal message that is relevant to the original message. Most American politicians respond with a message about the politician's official stance whether it is or is not relevant.

Robert

From: "Sildever, Anna (Sen B. Brown)" <[email protected]>
    To: robert
    Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:16 PM
    Subject: RE: Thanks for Helping to Educate People about Dangerous Cults

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting Senator Brown; I am replying on his behalf. We appreciate you bringing Steven Unthank’s case to our attention. The case sounds most interesting, but unfortunately Senator Brown is in a position to become involved in individual legal matters.

Kind regards,

Anna Sildever Electorate Officer Office of Bob Brown | Australian Greens Senator for Tasmania GPO Box 404 Hobart TAS 7001| P: 03 6224 3222 | F: 03 6224 2999

[email protected]

www.bob-brown.greensmps.org.au| www.GreensMPs.org.au
  • Azazel
    Azazel

good work ABibleStudent mission accomplished! the matter has been raised in their awarness = 100% success. Thats as simple as it needs to get.

will let you know as i receive any replies too,

AZ

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Azazel, I agree that the letter writing has helped to raise politicians' awareness of dangerous cults, which was one of my objectives. I was wondering if I should write a reply back to peak their interest more. Something like:

Thank you for replying

I apolozie for not writing more clearly about my intentions. I wanted to inform Senator Brown about another dangersous cult, encase Senator Nick Xenophon or Senator Sue Boyce request a parliamentary inquiry about dangerous cults. I thought that Senator Brown's awareness of dangerous cults might help contribute to a through inquiry and help create legislation to reduce costs by dangerous cults to society.

Some Victorian politicians are already helping Steve Unthank's cause by questioning Victorian officials about their lack of enforcing Victorian child protection law with criminal prosecution.

Thank you again for replying.

Robert

• Roski
    Roski

John-Paul Langbroek's sister lives (I believe) in Victoria and has been quite vocal re her upbringing as a JW. She is somewhat of a media personality. I don't really have any specific suggestions as to how he may be approached and I know he is from QLD (Xenephon is SA I believe) but thought it may be useful info to throw into the mix. I haven't ever engaged in a letter writing campaign (except for Malawi) so am not a very useful 'think-tank' member.

• Roski
    Roski

BTW her name is Kate - my guess is she may weigh in on the issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit