Another JW suicide, article in Brooklyn Newspaper

by coffee_black 20 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
  • finally awake
    finally awake

how awful. i wonder how much of his mental anguish came from the constant refrains of "you're not good enough" that are constantly repeated from the platform.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

That's sad. I wish there were more details. I wonder if the son took his talk seriously or not. After the experience with my sister, I know I have to pay attention so I can intervene before it's too late.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Coffee Black you just beat me to it, I just saw the JW Google Alert about that. Wish I still knew someone who lived in the Linden Houses where he lived but they moved out more than 20 years ago, wonder what led our "devout Brother" to take his own life, perhaps he went to the elders saying things weren't going right or something, looking for some guidance and all they can offer is "go out in service more". Needless to say I don't know the details but it just burns me that the ones you're supposed to turn to for guidance just get to weeks worth of training to give people spiritual guidance, surprising how they've been getting away with that for all these years.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Sad to say but...... "Just Another Day In Paradise!"

And the JWs say that just the world suffer the 'blues' during the Holidays! A sad day in the life of the son, family and friends.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Will he be resurected?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Is this a affluent neighborhood? What would the rent be like in this bldg? Does anyone know this fella or about his congregation?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Linden Houses in Brooklyn is not an affluent neighborhood at all, trust me.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

So damned sad!

Marvin Shilmer

• AGuest
    AGuest

It's the projects... and right down the street (1.6 miles) from where I used to live (Linden Blvd., at Bristol and Hegeman). My cousin and her son still live there (in the same co-op she grew up in; people in that area don't move often!). I knew some JWs in the building and so googled it before I called her. Thank goodness (sort of) that it's another housing complex.

Serious question, though: Given the tone of his last post... where the heck is the RoosterMan? NRFG... you out there?? HOLLA!

Peace... particularly to those of you who are still in... and just can't see a way out, right now. It's there, though - just keep seeking!

A slave of Christ,

SA, who's hoping it doesn't turn out to be someone who posted/lurked here... please, JAH...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit