A DIRTY LITTLE SECRET

by Terry 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

J Rutherford could easily be identified as the most singular element of uncontrolled incessant corruption of the WTS.

A man hiding in the shadows of the organization writing fear inducing provocative articles for public consumption.

Only to appear occasionally in public at Conventions to give talks to support his writings and again propagate fear to the consuming listeners.

In his last days I'm sure he thought he did well for himself for he cultivated the power and control over many people and he had wealth to

lavish himself with, not to mention booze and broads to indulge in.

So corrupt and cunning he purposely and intensionally hid himself from the eyes of his many lured and exploited followers.

J Rutherford in my mind is the " The Dirty Little Secret " that most JWS today as in the past have little if any knowledge of.

• Terry
    Terry

The period after Rutherford's death must have been quiet a time of healing. The Nathan Knorr regime was, by contrast, a kinder and gentler leadership by somebody who knew how to delegate and organize. Knorr and Franz were a symbiotic mechanism with a lot less hysteria and muscle than Rutherford.

The period of time in the 50's and early 60's was the Golden Era of JWdom.

Then, Freddy went off the rails by rehashing OLD predictions under his brand-spanking new Chronology cum Adventist scheme. OLD prediction of 6,000 years of man's existence "coming to an end" which "could well mean" blah blah blah (Armageddon).

Meddling in Selective Service pleading, Malawi persecution advice, Mexican bribery, 1975 predictions got the better of their remaining sanity.

A downward spiral commenced anew leading to the tight, hermetic control of the GB we now know.

I still can't believe Fred Franz was rewarded for the most embarassing false prediction of 1975 by being made President. By that time, the Presidency was merely titular, however.

• sabastious
  • Intel
    Intel

Terry that was excellent research, very well written and presented! Very good work mate. I once worked in Selters (German Bethel) and they where big in their marketing efforts to present themselves as victims of Hitlers regime. Sometimes it was nauseating how they wanted to dominate other WWII events, basically putting all the other groups "in the background", almost giving the impression that they where the main group of persecuted.

One german witness said that Satan started the Nationalsozialism in Germany, because at the time there was a high number of annointed members in Germany and Britain. I think they repeated that idea in the Proclaimers book. I could have

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I still can't believe Fred Franz was rewarded for the most embarrassing false prediction of 1975 by being made President.

Yes that is a bit of historical revelation of the WTS. but since Freddy's little white lie accumulated in creating the organization's most

progressive growth in the late 60's and early 70's, not only in literature sales but gains in the amount of devoted followers worldwide .

Such as that was he was greatly respected by his JW peers in this regard at the WTS's HQ.

His bullshitting skills were deemed admirable by the other editorial executives of the WTS.

• cofty
    cofty

Great post Terry thanks.

• Terry
    Terry

I still can't believe Fred Franz was rewarded for the most embarrassing false prediction of 1975 by being made President.

Yes that is a bit of historical revelation of the WTS. but since Freddy's little white lie accumulated in creating the organization's most

progressive growth in the late 60's and early 70's, not only in literature sales but gains in the amount of devoted followers worldwide .

Yep. The JW's who left: good riddance! Those who stayed: too dumb to cause trouble!

Lots of clueless Newbies added, too with no memory of all the other failed promises.

It was a pure WIN.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit