How Sweet that one small victory

by Terry 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

What cannot be confronted remains hanging as a dark curtain between freedom and the world.

What can be confronted has been. Those walls have crumbled. Rebuilt. Crumbled again.

We waken each dawn and behold the whitewash on our graves....by whose hands we cannot fathom.

The Tower remains. It's shadow falls across our world...though we stand now in sunlight..blinking in awe of what was hidden.

Vast. High in clouds where thunder rolls. Melting and reforming.

Their eyes watch us from afar.

Can it be? Now....it is us they fear?

How sweet that one small victory.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The fear in their eyes when they realise that you have just knocked a jar of dissonance off the dusty shelves of their minds and they know it is all over their pants until they find a way to clean up the mess

• dark angle
    dark angle

wonderful!

Peotically expressed!

• Terry
    Terry

This is what happens when I wake up at 1 a.m.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

That's beautiful! Nice work Terry.

• Terry
    Terry

I keep thinking of that day at the Car Wash this year when the car full of JW's offered me the Watchtower.

"I use to be a Jehovah's Witness" I told the driver. I could almost feel the inside of the car recoil!

"What happened?" he asked.

That one question is only two words long, but, damn!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

you did handle that quite well I must say!!!! ran into some JW's shopping yesterday and had NO desire to help them!!!! Just couldn't go there

• its_me!
    its_me!

Impressive writing! I wish I thought that fluidly when waking in the middle of the night. Very beautiful.

• Terry
    Terry

I told the car filled with eager Witnesses, "I was disfellowshipped because I separated from my wife."

The man driving the car replied, "You KNOW we don't disfellowship for THAT!"

I responded, "You're right. And yet--THEY DID! She was an alcoholic, like my father was. Staying under the same roof was no mystery to me."

"Well, time is short. Come back while you still can."

That's the same thing a Jehovah's Witness told me back in 1987 when I ran in to him in front of a coffee shop! 24 years ago!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was asked recently to "come back to the meetings " I replied that things had gone too far for that, I guess I could have been more courageous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit