Anyone else see the movie, The Town?

by juni 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• Twitch
    Twitch

Yea, decent flick. I liked that the ending wasn't typically "Hollywood"

• undercover
    undercover

I saw it over the weekend. Pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. Too much 'shootemups'. I got the feeling the director (Affleck, I think) was trying to outdo Michael Mann's Heat for total count of spent shell casings.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I got the feeling the director (Affleck, I think) was trying to outdo Michael Mann's Heat for total count of spent shell casings.

Let me ask you, is this film better than Heat? Or even Reservoir Dogs?

• undercover
    undercover

is this film better than Heat? Or even Reservoir Dogs?

I liked Heat better. De Niro and Pacino... how can that be topped?

Reservoir Dogs was a completely different kind of movie. It's not just a caper flick. It's a Tarantino caper flick. Hard to compare Tarantino's universe to other movies.

• Glander
    Glander

Have not seen Town but it sounds like a movie I might enjoy. I like Michael Mann heist movies. The Miami Vice flick was not bad. Little things like realistic gunshot sounds made it more than just a shoot 'em up. (I hate it when a character fires a .45 and there is no visible recoil kick.)

On Res. Dog. " It's a Tarantino caper flick. Hard to compare Tarantino's universe to other movies."

True. You can't outguess him and when the guy is tied to a chair soaked in gasoline you start to pucker.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I liked The Town...

Nice to hear Real Boston or Townies Accents done Right!

Reservoir Dogs is Awsome!!

"Are you Gonna Bark All day Little Doggie...........................or are You gonna Bite?"

• sd-7
    sd-7

Hmm. I was thinking about this one, but mainly because Blake Lively was in it. But I'm not sure if I could handle the violence. How does it rate compared to say, Terminator in terms of violent content?

--sd-7

• juni
    juni

I plan to watch "Gone, Baby, Gone" when I can get it from the library. Right now it's out. I did read Dennis Lehane's GBG and it was a great book!

Thought the "violence" fit the story line in "The Town".

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

Good movie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit