Hello from Muddy Waters

by Muddy Waters 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum. Glad you are here with us.

You can see by my name that I felt many of the same things that you do. I came "in" when I was 21 and stayed over thirty years. Been out a few years now.

It was my daughter as a teen that was treated so harshly-berated and humiliated for some normal stupid teen stuff and accused of fornication which she hadn't done-they called her a liar and she was df'd. We were all devastated and wrote the WTS feeling that this would be taken care of by the "loving brothers" in NY-turns out we were the ones who got a new "spiritual education" through their uncaring attitude. Their sole concern was that the WTS be seen in a good light and that we must accept the "discipline" even if "mistakes were made." That a young one in the congregation was treated as a piece of trash was just something we'd have to overlook. (I am happy to report that even though they crushed her she went on to graduate from High School as an honor roll student and then college with the highest honors and a degree in Biology)

I can relate to the smug attitude thing. I had it, also, and am now greatly humbled.

Since your kids were never baptised, are you able to tell them of you doubts? Take time and patience with hubby. Read how many here effectively reached their spouses so that they are now "out" together.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Welcome

your right about "my book of bible stories" it's a horror show.

• tec
    tec

Tec/Tammy, I found your reply very loving and soothing! Most kind words. I was baptized when I was 20, and now, 30 years later (and getting to be an old lady!) I'm starting to un-submerge all those questions I had and unfaithful thoughts. I've been doing a fade for

quite a while… Have you been out for awhile? Were you raised a JW? (Thank goodness my kids never got baptized!!! I am so very thankful for that now!!)

Peace to you, Muddy, and I'm so glad I could offer some words of comfort.

I was a two year bible study who did not get baptized at the end of those two years. I believed it was the truth, but I just could not join. (even though I almost did, even agreed to) It was wrong for me. I was becoming judgmental. Very judgmental, in fact, and I knew that was wrong. So whether it was the truth or not, being 'in' it was wrong for me. I still felt like the rich man who turned away from Christ's invitation, and that caused a lot of personal grief and fear for a while.

But I never lost my faith. I devoured the bible for a while, looking for other religions that might be the truth, but eventually I just stopped... and one day I put myself in God's hands, and I asked Him to lead me where He wanted me to be. He led me to His Son. Because of course Christ is the Truth. I follow Him.

Peace,

Tammy

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Welcome, MW.

Give yourself time to really unlock your mind. You will find that some in the faith that you already know share in your doubts.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Wecome Muddy Waters!

I was touched by your testimony.

The Holy Spirit has been leading you. Please don't be afraid to read Jesus' words as well as Pauls. He never criticised searchers...only religious know-it-alls. He loves you with an unchanging and unfailing love. Jesus invitation is to come to Him. He looks beyond our sins to see our hearts and longs to forgive every shortcoming. You can tell Him everything.

• Azazel
    Azazel

for you Muddy Waters i think you have earned them!

One bad habit of having been a JW is that there was always so much to do. Always too busy to relax.Too much to prestudy. This has really effected my life and study habits. So take time , read the apostle pauls writings.Whatever gets you to just slow down read and think. I studied just John chapter 1 with my Interlinear bible vs the NWT and their kingdom interlinear and it blew me away.How wrong the NWT is and how dishonouring to Jesus the JW's are.

Above all else just relax, breathe and enjoy your life and may the God of all comfort give you peace sister.

Az

• sizemik
    sizemik

Welcome aboard Muddy Waters . . .

The "spiritual wilderness" I used to refer to it as. We all have to cross that desert and there's no telling where the journey may take you. All I can assure you is that it's a good deal better than living according to a deception.

This forum can be helpful in finding the path that is right for you . . . please stick around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit