Wait 'Till Your Father Gets Home

by Englishman 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I read all this stuff that You Know, Friday and all the other so called biblical experts write about the Creator and his purposes for mankind. They take any bit of the Bible that they fancy and weave their own fantasies around so-called prophetical Scripture. They talk about greater and lesser fulfilments, types and anti-types, greater this, lesser that. Even a simple parable about a trusty servant (in which Jesus was probably referring to himself) they twist, cut and distort so that, to most people, this trusty servant is a magazine publishing monolith who lives in Brooklyn.

The worse part is their insistence that God is some sort of vengeance machine who will one day wreak havoc upon non-believers for not living up to “The Name”. Loudly they proclaim that anyone who follows his natural instinct is accursed, whilst they conveniently forget that if it was God who created these instincts in the first place, then he’s hardly likely to execute you for following them.

The worst part is that they do God no favours at all with this approach. Like the mother who threatens her children with “You just wait until your father gets home, he’s going to give you a thrashing” they also paint a picture of the Creator that is nothing but slanderous.

Think about it for a moment. They tell us that God is obsessed with what we do with our genitals, doesn’t want people to talk to each other, hates kids enjoying Christmas, prefers that kids should die rather than receive blood, wants us to vindicate his name in argument that he had with someone that occurred thousands of years before we were even born.

Now, why would God want us to do / not do those things? Where is the logic to it?

Isn’t it a more likely scenario that these so called worshippers are actually unwitting God maligners? What good do these so-called holy types do for God’s reputation? Would you want one of these guys to speak up for you in an election? Or would these hard-liners simply generate opposition to any cause that they espoused?

Whether you’re an atheist, agnostic or believer, you have to admit that JW’s in general have only done great harm to the idea of a benevolent and forgiving Creator.

Englishman.

Truth exists;only falsehood has to be invented. -Georges Braque

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Englishman,

Put that bootle of rum down!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

E Man, Once again I have to concur with the simple logic of your post.

The Jehovah who would plan the mass slaughter of 6,000,000 people, or near enough, is in no way the God that we know and still love.

I think I know my Father and he is just not like that!!

When pushed, the dubs can only say, "Well, he has done it before, at the Flood".. We know what the Bible says, but there is something wrong somewhere . Common sense and love for humanity cause me now to recoil from those teachings...
    Keep posting.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ah, Fred, dear boy:

No rum here I'm afraid, Its only 9.10pm and a little early for me to imbibe. In any case, I only drink beer and then only in a pub, never at home.

Blues brother,

You said, and wisely to: ...I think I know my Father and he is just not like that!!

That is the whole point, so-called God-lovers are only bringing reproach on the Creator. With friends like them who needs enemies?

Englishman.

• zev
    zev
    Whether you’re an atheist, agnostic or believer, you have to admit that JW’s in general have only done great harm to the idea of a benevolent and forgiving Creator.

Amen

pass me a pint.

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• ISP
    ISP

....I thought this was going to be about the cartoon series.

ISP

• Englishman
    Englishman

Cartoon? What cartoon?

Englishman.

• Mutz
    Mutz

Pinky and Perky do Patterson? :)

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

B U T ONCE mother gets home then all hell breaks loose....QUEENIE

• teejay
    teejay

Good one, E-man.

My two-year old was scolding her little dolly and ended with the words: "Do you want me to call your daddy!!?"

Wife theorized that BabyGirl had been told that by her daycare teacher. Ha! Some threat!!

As close as we are, as much fun as we have together, when Teacher said that to my little one, she probably said, "YES!!!"

Christians (regardless of the brand), Muslims, and others with a serious religious bent have painted a very ugly picture of the Creator, and none of the records s/he's left behind to speak in his (her?) behalf does much good in clearing up the reputation s/he has for being a brutal, sadistic, judgmental bully who shows a little too much favoritism, if you ask me.

----------------------

"The Old Testament, as everyone who has looked into it is aware, drips with blood; there is, indeed, no more bloody chronicle in all the literature of the world."
    – H. L. Mencken

"The Old Testament is a chronicle of horrors, describing an egocentric collection of supernatural beings who were always doing rotten things to gentle souls like Job."
    – John Keel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit