Overcoming Objections

by journey-on 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

In Mormon Elder speak it was 'overcoming concerns' and 'finding hidden concerns' by 're-stating the question' (e.g. would you get baptised if you weren't scared of water?) while 'building a relationship of trust'

• Ding
    Ding

They are sales techniques for staying in control of the discussion until the customer either buys or boots you out.

• wobble
    wobble

Most JW's that I went Dto D with back in the day, were total crap at even starting conversations, so they never got to try the art of overcoming a conversation stopper.

I used to work on my own if I could, 99 times out of a hundred, that way nobody got to see that I had some great chats with people, but that I was not actually trying to recruit.

I had one lady say to me "I have enjoyed talking to you, I just can't stand those Jehovah's Witnesses " ! Result !

Another guy I remember invited me in for a drink and chat, I am sure he didn't have a clue what I was supposed to be there for, Tee Hee.

• JAFO
    JAFO

In my day (both sides of '75) it was called "overcoming objections".. never was any good at it.. outside of the carefully scripted TMS sessions, that is..

• Terry
    Terry

Also, (Terry, you may be able to confirm this), didn't we have a condensed version of objections and scriptures to overcome them in the back of the older NW Translations?

We did. I always called it a "cheat sheet".

While the householder was "objecting" the JW was casually/frantically riffing through the Make Sure to find the knockout-punch "overcome" scripture.

It was either a pamphlet version of Make Sure of All Things or the cover was removed from the regular one.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Isn't this what the Reasoning book was for????

pages 15-24 the have a heading called conversation Stoppers

Now the only thing, this book is good for is provin' the WTS to

be false prophets

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit