My Story

by TheWanderer 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Hi Wanderer,I'm sorry for all that you have gone through.

You brought up a couple of interesting points that I can identify with,such as,being a loner. I never thought of it before,but I learned early on to be separate from others. And it's carried on into my adult life.

And how the religion can be an addiction,a way to fill a void. We just have to learn to find more healthy,and productive ways for filling the void.

Thanks for sharing your story.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Very touching. Like you I am isolated by doctrine and by distance from most of my family, but I have moved away just to be closer to my son. I struggled with this decision but I have never regretted it. I have turned down lucrative job opportunities elsewhere just to be able to be a part of his life. I don't need a medal for this, but I just want him in my life and I'm willing to pay any price. Good luck and wishes on reconnecting with yours.

• TheWanderer
    TheWanderer

Thanks again for the support. Unlike some who are still struggling with being in or out, I'm very comfortable with my departure from the JWs.. really, from religion as a whole. It's fine for some, just not for me.

In fact, when I first found this site last year, I didn't join because I thought it was going to be all negative. "@#$% those @#$%ing JWs and their @#$@# ^#$@# with a @#$%#$% broomstick!" lol (Thankfully, this site isn't all anger and hate and such) And honestly, I -was- angry for a while in my early 20s, but now I'm cresting over the 40 mark and I'm over it. It happened, there was some good that came from it, I can't change what happened.. so I just accept it and move on with my life.

And if my story happens to inspire or encourage anyone out there who might be 'on the fence'... well, that's all the better. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit