The music that moves you....

by FlyingHighNow 444 Replies latest social entertainment

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Of course here's the guy group answer to the Ronettes: The Walker Brothers.

I'm choking up because our family was still all together and everyone alive and not one of us a JW. *Sigh*. We shoulda stuck with the fun and playful Episcopal Church:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q11ium_-Lv8

• talesin
    talesin

FHN ... having one of those times myself ... wishing I could go back in time, but to someone else's family! :P

((hugs))

• mouthy
    mouthy

Had to start from page one again GREAT! SITE....Missed breakfast ....so interesting... keep it up kids

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Mouthy, I hope you saw the Tom Jones and Jerry Lee Lewis link I posted on the last page.

FHN ... having one of those times myself ... wishing I could go back in time, but to someone else's family! :P
    ((hugs))

Thanks, Tal. I wish things had been better for you and me both. I'd have loved to have you for a sister.

I'd choose my same family, but I'd have my parents both much healthier and happier together. They were cool people, they just had some problems and clashes with their personalities and in my mother's case, maybe some mental illness. Daddy had something missing in him. They were both fascinating people, but there was some ways they hurt and let us children down, big time. At least my mother did not like and mistrusted JWs and my dad never went with us to church. dad was more into Native American type spiritualism. Mom chose his church, the Episcopal Church and I can say that at least where spirituality and God were concerned, they did it in a very healthy way for a family and kids. Never used it to scare or shame us and let us explore and find our own answers. That's pretty amazing when you consider that Mom way over did it on the discipline.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Now do you really think I would pass a TOM JONES singing NO!!!!I sure wouldnt. I loved the Vince GILL

"Go HIGH ON THE MOUNTAIN "In OOMPAs site My Melanie wanted that one when she was dying.

Keep em coming kids this old girl plays em often....

• Violia
    Violia

the tape is not good in " shout" this was a great girl group. where are the girl groups today?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    where are the girl groups today?

Where are the any kind of groups today? All of it is auto tuned "Whoa oh oh ohs." Love, love the Shangril-las.

Mouthy, I will remember that you want us to keep posting these moving songs.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Here is the last scene in my favorite movie of all time: To Sir With Love. The ladies choice dance with Sir the Mindbenders playing It's Getting Harder, then Lu Lu sings To Sir With Love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Yxjpr6mMw

• Violia
    Violia

MARY WEISS , the blonde lead singer had a couple Cd's' out( from 2008-09) and they are pretty good. She sounds good. check out amazon.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you, Vi. I'm going to listen to her now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit