More Earthquakes for Christchurch NZ - spare a thought for Sizemik and others

by Broken Promises 27 Replies latest jw friends

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

he's going after tpomorror then i'll start thinking about easter LOL maybe an easter bunny monkey

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Sizemik night still be recovering from the spanking his 84 year old Mum gave him for talking her into going all the way to Christchurch instead of enjoyng our balmy Christmas weather in the North Island

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I figured that's what might have happened to sizemik LOL

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Seems that Christchurch is bearing the brunt of the earthquakes--this time. This time, it is nothing more than some broken dishes, busted stock in stores, and minor property damage--and a lot of nerves that are still rattled from the last time around. However, I expect things like this for a while longer--followed by quiet. (That is, unless the Rothschilds' HAARP has something to do with it.) However, in a few more years, I believe Christchurch is going to be in for relative quiet (like California), and real estate prices will go down sharply enough to make it worth going then. And, it will be with the knowledge that there is risk of another major earthquake--proper building standards should prevent most of the major damage.

However, to put in prospective, you could be even worse off. Chile has had a volcano and earthquake. And, there were no tsunamis, or nuclear power plant meltdowns like in Japan. The North Island does have its share of volcanoes, including Lake Taupe where, if that goes kaboom, the whole island could be destroyed (everything on it gone, and the island itself altered drastically). Australia is more stable, but they get droughts and they have plenty of poisonous spiders (Sydney funnel web spiders) and snakes (including the 10 deadliest in the world). You could go to parts of China and the middle east, and still get super whopper earthquakes. Europe is battered by huge storms (especially Britain), and they get their share of avalanches and land slips. And the United Tyranny of Stupidity, along with the NDAA, gets its share of earthquakes, blizzards, hurricanes, tornadoes, wildfires, and if Yellowstone goes kaboom, it will be as bad as Taupe.

And, once Christchurch quiets down, somewhere else will get busy. Perhaps it will be California's chance to experience major earthquakes. We had a few in the northeastern United Tyranny of Stupidity. Which may not seem like much while Christchurch is going through its turn with earthquakes, but I think eventually we all get disasters in one form or another. I would wait another year--I believe the aftershocks from the original quake will continue another year or so (including possibilities of quakes that are stronger than the original), and then it will quiet down. At which point, you will expect a quiet period, once the excess energy has finally been released.

As for other things, I would rather have wasps than Sydney funnel web spiders. And a few earthquakes than having to worry about tropical diseases. And the threat of a volcano than the threat of Guantemano Bay. And a small hail storm rather than large tornadoes. And having a possibility of a cyclone rather than having 100% unemployment that affects me, barter illegal, silver and gold trading illegal, and not having anything to eat because of price controls and regulations.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Almighty, please spare the NewZelanders, we have forgiven the All Blacks already.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Isn't Still Thinking from NZ also?

I see Still Thinking is posting again, so things her way much be alright. Merry Christmas to the Kiwi's here.

Think About It

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thanks for the concern Think About it...I am in Auckland, other Island...the city of Volcanoes...er ahem...I mean city of sails.

Christmas is done and dusted here...Happy Boxing Day!!!!

I think sizemik explained all the earthshaking activity in CHCH a while ago...something to do with his love making abilities I think he said... something about making the earth move...

I dunno...I think he might be exaggerating...LOL...or responsible

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Christmas is done and dusted here...Happy Boxing Day!!!!

Boxing Day??? I've not been in Canada a year yet, so although I've heard of this holiday, I'm still unsure what it is about. At first I thought it was about fisticuffs boxing, but soon found out otherwise. I'm back in Texas right now, and Boxing Day will be over by the time I go back to Canada on Tuesday.

Happy Boxing Day to you darlin', and to all the other English Commonwealth X'ers here.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit