Satan is responsible for birth defects- New JW teaching?

by serenitynow! 17 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I am sure everyone has heard about the 2 headed baby recently born in Brazil. Well the FB JW news, library, etc. group had some comments on it. One sister was quite adamant that Satan is the cause of birth defects. I had never heard that. Is that new? Even as a JW I thought that Satan was being blamed for stuff that was probably not his fault.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

you're supposing they even care to even at least ostensibly comport themselves with a level of decorum anymore. they really don't. their new thing is to sweep it under the carpet by saying, "each congregation has it's own personality". it's like that old 80s song 'they call you mr. personality because you're so ugly'.... saying each congregation has it's own personality is just saying the same thing. in this case, you could just say it's the sister's personality, instead of saying she's an uneducated loathsome creature.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

My study conductor attributed various human problems to Adam & Eve eating the forbidden fruit. He suggested it might have messed up their DNA. I doubt he knows anything about biology though.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And whose fault is it for imposing such a penalty for one couple's eating a piece of fruit? Who was it that wanted mankind to stagnate and to make all the decisions of what people would do, eliminating creativity? Who was it that created a world where half the people might not get enough to eat because of local or regional problems? Who created viruses and parasites? Who created a system where selected people would never be fulfilled, and nursed that system despite that Jesus, Aristotle, and Satan tried to abolish in order to liberate mankind? Who is it that continually resists mankind's attempts to break free from tyranny only to be dragged back?

I think Jehovah needs to take the blame for the sxxx he has put man through.

• d
    d

This is true people need to stop blaming the devil for mankinds Problems.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I remember my grandma in her declining years crying because she couldn't find her keys in her large purse with a thousand different compartments. She said that Satan hid her keys from her. I suggested that she had too many compartments and it wasnt Satan's fault she couldn't find her keys. She yelled at me to "stop taking up for him!" lol. Of course now we know that the reason she couldn't find her keys was early Alzheimer's.

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

"ouch!"

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Satan has no power other than that which we give him.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Actually, this was a common "understanding" when I was growing up. Birth defects, homosexuality, etc were all caused by Satan. I asked my mom one time why babies were born sick or deformed and she said "Well, because of Satan. When he deceived Eve and caused her to sin, it made us all imperfect, so that's why babies are born that way sometimes".

I remember every time she would hear a news report about something terrible (be a kidnapping, a murderer killing a child, a baby born deformed) she'd say "That FRIGGIN' SATAN!! This is HIS fault!"

One time I said "Ma, you know he gloats when you attribute things to him and give him the credit..." LOL

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    Satan is responsible for birth defects

As Jehovah sits........... and waits.......

That's Love!

I think Satan was on to something way back when!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit