How do you reason with unreasonableness ?

by troubled mind 12 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

WOW ....I posted on my facebook account the article from the Huffington Post , about Shunning /Bullying . A relative that was raised a Witness ,but never baptised responded . Her response does not make much sense to me .

First she says : I m so sorry it took you 30 yrs to understand :-( Luckily I knew better at a young age :-( But ended up with a hard life due to no family. So I say better late thn never! ENJOY LIFE!

Then she says : But it angers you ... let it go ;-) Be Happy! I truly beleive... that of all religions out there that the JW's follow closest with the Bible's wishes. However, I do not beleive its it either...... so there the story lies.. there must ne a higher power... I believe this.

I don't want to stir a bee's nest up with her ,but seriously how can she still think they are the closest religion to the Bible ? I won't respond about this matter anymore with her because I do respect her choice of belief ,but I really don't get it ....

Oh well , I am not consumed with anger ,however if I see an article that exposes the Jehovah's Witness beliefs to the general public I will . I want my friends to know the real truth about the religion that knocks at their doors . I also feel free to express my thoughts now ,and I don't need anyone to tell me how to feel or not feel !

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I truly beleive... that of all religions out there that the JW's follow closest with the Bible's wishes

This is the Closest thing to a Real Cow..

(Still can`t figure out why we`re not getting any Milk..)

...OUTLAW

• N.drew
    N.drew

I know there is no way to reason with unreasonableness.

Once I posted a link to a web site that stated NEWS about Jehovah's Witnesses and someone who is not even a witness started a big fight about "how could I?". The beast is loose. It's name is UNREASONABLENESS.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    How do you reason with unreasonableness?

Answer: You don't.

LOL, Outlaw.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

LOL . OUTLAW ...perfect !

• 00DAD
    00DAD

OUTLAW: No that was udder-ly ridiculous and you know it!

• flipper
    flipper

" How do you reason with unreasonableness ? " If all else fails I kick unreasonableness in the a$$ with logic. If that fails - the offending parties are left to their own deluded mental fantasies

• 00DAD
    00DAD

How to Reason with Unreasonableness:

1. Take one gallon of water and remove all wetness
    2. Add 2 tablespoons of desalinated salt
    3. Put in 1 ounce of honey which has had the sweetness removed
    4. Pour in a jigger of denatured alcohol
    5. Sprinkle with pixie dust
    6. Stir with an invisible spoon
    7. Strain through a cheese cloth to remove the chunky bits
    8. Simmer over an ice cube tray until reduced by half
    9. Serve piping lukewarm
    10. Enjoy!

It is extremely important to FOLLOW THESE STEPS EXACTLY or it will never work!

• AGuest
    AGuest
    How do you reason with unreasonableness ?

I get where you're coming from, dear TM (peace to you!), but there are actually a couple ways: first, don't assume the other IS unreasonable (or that you are reasonable)... simply because they say something you don't understand or agree with; second, find out what THEY think IS "reasonable"... and "reason" with them from that vantage point.

how can she still think they are the closest religion to the Bible?

First, possibly because the only knowledge she has of THEM... has either (1) come from what she's "heard" about them from the WTBTS (as to what they do/believe/teach)... or (2) what she's observed (or read about/saw in the news, etc.) by others OF other religions. I mean, many here have their paradigms about, say, Islam. Based on what, though? It's like people who have no idea saying that "Jehovah's Witnesses" are "honest" and "trustworthy." Ch'eah, right. If she's never checked them out herself, her position makes sense.

Second, because maybe HER experience with the WTBTS/JWs wasn't the same as your experience. Or not so much in HER mind, anyway... such that you two have somewhat different outlooks.

Again, though, I get where you're coming from.

Again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

They would ask you the same question.

JDW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit