Should i go to the xmas party?

by Dudu 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Dudu
    Dudu

The company i work for is having a xmas party today... as im fading since only 6 months ago, i dont want to have elders behind me, i wonder if i should go ... there are 3 witnesses in the same company ...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Don't go until you're ready to make a stand about your non-beliefs.

• designs
    designs

I've got two invitations, one is at a local Abbey, should be interesting

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

yes

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

I had to avoid a few xmas parties when I worked with JW's and was fading but it's worth the wait...

This year I not only went to the company party, I hired a room in the hotel and had a pre-xmas soiree, was the santa handing out presents for secret santa and took part in breaking a guinness world record wearing a santa hat. Mulled wine anyone?

mmxiv

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Just go!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If there is a way to avoid the witlesses, go. If you don't give a fxxx about probably getting disfellowshipped, go.

Now, if you are still trying to waste their time and there is a good chance of getting caught, I would think carefully before going. You might go, but minimize the chances of getting caught (perhaps going when the witlesses are working elsewhere, or when you know they are out in field circus. But, if they are going to be there the whole time waiting to snitch on you, you might not wish to go.

Even if you have to skip the "sun worship" party at work because the risks are too great and you don't wish to bear the cost, that doesn't stop you from seeking another Christmas party. I don't think there are any witlesses at a Christmas party hosted by your local church, and I am sure you should be able to sneak past the witlesses to reach that church.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Go and enjoy it!

• Dudu
    Dudu

i ended up not going ... Everybody talks about how cool the party was and take pics, for now isnt worth the risk...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I may not be for now, but there's always next year.

Wifey went to hers this year and actually involved herself in gift exchanges. She's running out next week and buying more gifts. baby steps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit